Goldie's Nights Are Getting Better! Holding Off On The Anipryl

Guest Energy11

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Energy11

I was hoping the vet would have another idea.:(

Well, we did a FULL SENIOR PANEL, urine, and FULL thyroid, so we shall see. The ONLY thing the vet did mention, in addition to all the meds Goldie is already on, is, giving her Tramadol for "presumed" pain at night. ME, personally??? I don't want to give Tramadol on top of the Pred., Pheno, and Valium.. .too much! I might consider it in LIEU of the Valium.

We MIGHT know more when the lab work comes back! Thanks for your continuing prayers!

We're still keeping you and Goldie in out thoughts and will be hoping for some 'good' results with the bloodwork.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

Guest Energy11

Again, MANY MANY THANKS to all of you who are praying and sending good thoughts for my Goldie Girl!

HOPEFULLY, Dr. Karen will get the labs back today, and we may know something more. If not, surely by tomorrow.

Many hugs and thanks from Goldie and I! She had a SHORTER period of barking, pacing, whining, etc., last night. ... but still did it.

Shorter is good. :hope Is she weaned off everything but the valium now?

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Guest Energy11

Shorter is good. :hope Is she weaned off everything but the valium now?

Yes, off everything, but Valium. I think she may have to go back on both the Phenobarb and Pred, though, as she had a few VERY small focal seizures last night ... I am just waiting for the lab results from the vet, and we will go from there. The Valium seems to be keeping things "at bay," for now, BUT ... she doesn't look good, she just doesn't! :-( ... I have my son and his gf coming tomorrow, and luckily, they are staying in my WONDERFUL, FANTASTIC neighbor's vacant house, just a few feet down this "road." ... They can have their space, and us, ours, ... it is hard with company coming and a sick dog.

Thanks for all your kind thoughts! Dee and Goldie ... Dh and the other four, too!

Guest Energy11

Any word on the blood work yet, Dee? I'm hoping for good news for all of you.

No bloodwork yet! :-( Her REGULAR T4 is only 0.4, but we need to get the other stuff.

So far, other than that she has a UTI, I know nothing else. :-(

She had another 2.5 hours + of barking, pacing, whining and snapping last night :-( Valuim just doesn't seem to effect her. I WORRY about her with my son and GF coming (today). Luckily, they won't be STAYING HERE. We are soooo tired.

Thanks for asking about my girl!

Guest Energy11

Iti IS possible that the UTI could be contributing to the discomfort, but I don't think THAT much. We started Keflex today for that. That is one reason I like the full senior panels ... it includes a urine, too!

Will be interested in seeing if there is any change in 48 hrs. Wouldn't it be strange if Goldie's UTI affected her in the same way it can the elderly ARD/Alzheimer's patients? I'm grasping at straws, looking for any excuse. In the meantime, praying for quiet nights for you, DH and Goldie.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Any updates? I know you've been busy entertaining family on top of caring for Goldie. Just wondering if the ABs for the UTI have helped her other symptoms at all? Guessing you won't get thyroid results until at least tomorrow because of the holiday?

Hang in there!

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

Dee may still be without power. I know they lost power yesterday, because they couldn't have their Christmas dinner. Hopefully they're enjoying it today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Energy11

Hi all!

Yes, we were without power MOST of the day yesterday, and again some, today! :-( Christmas dinner was basically ruined, but DS and his GF tried their best. He was JUST about ready to put it in the oven when the stupid power went out. WE NEVER have SEVEN or more inches of snow here, AND it has been 128 years since we had a White Christmas. DS and GF are from Austin, TX, soooo they were thrilled. Actually, then went hiking in it earlier :-) GET this ... NOW we have no water! Think the pump is frozen! The Landlord is never available, and even if he were, NO ONE could get up this road ... trust me! Even the guy with the plow can't!!!!!!!

Goldie????????? Well, we had no power last night and ALL slept on the floor in our cloz, and dogs in their coats. She did NOT have any episodes of whinng, crying, barking, aggression, etc????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I wish I knew why! I did give her a Tramadol this morning, as she LOOKED like she was in pain and was panting, ... worked wonders! I may give her one at night.

STILL NO Free T4 results! Maybe Monday. In the meantime, I am worried sick, as if one of these dogs got sick, I SINCERELY doubt, we could get them to the Evets! I can do a lot, but not everything ...

Love you guys for checking in on us and for caring! DEE

That's amazing she was fine last night. I hope it continues. I'm so sorry to hear about your power and now your water, that is just terrible. I wonder what the delay is in the bloodwork, you had it in well before the holidays, no?

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Guest Swifthounds

Goldie????????? Well, we had no power last night and ALL slept on the floor in our cloz, and dogs in their coats. She did NOT have any episodes of whinng, crying, barking, aggression, etc????????????????????????????????????????????????????? I wish I knew why! I did give her a Tramadol this morning, as she LOOKED like she was in pain and was panting, ... worked wonders! I may give her one at night.

With all the craziness going on, at least there's that! :bighug

Guest Energy11

That's amazing she was fine last night. I hope it continues. I'm so sorry to hear about your power and now your water, that is just terrible. I wonder what the delay is in the bloodwork, you had it in well before the holidays, no?

It was drawn last Tuesday, so, I don't know. Most likely the holidays. I HOPE to have SOMETHING tomorrow!

Guest Energy11

We love you guys too!!!

ALMOST NINE inches of snow, and NO water. Dh is making his ice tea with melted snow!

I hope my Goldie Girl has a good night, too! Love you!