Beth Is Vomiting

Well, I am a card carrying member of the dark side, so, with that in mind, I think it very unlikely that the chicken or the steak is the cause of her problems, even if the steak was a bit off. Dogs (all canines) are scavengers as well as hunters, one reason they have such a short (compared to humans) digestive track, as well as very strong stomach digestive "juices". Is it impossible for them to get sick from salmonella or e-coli? No, not impossible, but very rare, and I would think (never been personally involved) they would be very sick. It really sounds like she has a "bug". Her day at they vet plus time should fix her right up.

Hoping it is nothing more serious and she is back to normal by tonight!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I talked to the vet, and all the rest of her bloodwork was good. So hopefully the fluids and antibiotics will fix her up. He wants me to fast her until tomorrow morning though, waaah. :( But I see the rationale.

With Cocoa (DC Chocolatedrop), missing B for Beth (2006-2015)
And kitties C.J., Klara, Bernadette, John-Boy, & Sinbad

She will probably be so glad to be home, but won't really have an appetite until tomorrow anyway. Hopefully she will just crash and sleep until tomorrow and wake up feeling more like her normal self!

Hugs for everybody! :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Yes, I always do freeze the chicken, indeed all meat, before I feed it raw, and generally feed partially thawed.

I'm leaving to pick her up shortly ... I'll report in tonight. More worried about D at this point than vomiting, I think. I assume we will have to go out a LOT tonight for her to pee after that IV, not fun as it's cold and she has to go out on leash.

On top of the massive vet bills, it'll be $100 to clean the carpet she barfed all over (I have just one room with carpet but that's where she chose! Well that and my bedspread). :rolleyes:

Guest PiagetsMom

On top of the massive vet bills, it'll be $100 to clean the carpet she barfed all over (I have just one room with carpet but that's where she chose! Well that and my bedspread). :rolleyes:

I've heard that it's because they get better traction on the carpet - I've got slate flooring throughout the house except for the bedrooms, and they always head for the bedrooms dry.gif

Sending good thoughts your way for Beth :grouphug

Just got home, but she's still sick. She had liquid D again when we took a little walk outside the vet's office, though she hadn't had any all day when the techs walked her to pee. So now she's on fasting until tomorrow afternoon. :( The instructions are for me to give he a second dose of Metronidazole tonight (she had one already today) and a Pepto-Bismol tablet, plus the Cerenia.

Guest Honeysmom

Might be good to test for Lyme. Honey's onset of Lyme disease started with a day to a day and 1/2 of vomiting and then the vomiting stopped and she had the runs which to me seemed like a virus at the time.

Hoping for a good update and a restful night.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

How is Beth this morning? (My Hoover carpet cleaner has paid for itself about 100 times over!)

Feel better soon sweet Beth. :grouphug

Check around on carpet guys. I can get both bedrooms done for $65 here.

:blink: Forget that! I was at Target yesterday and they have the Hoover Steamvac for $129. I have one and I LOVE it. It cleans up EVERYTHING :nod Spend $129 once and buy carpet cleaner as needed (I use the Bissell brand Pet Stain and Odor solution). Then it's handy anytime you need to clean something up!

Sutra puked up GREEN nasty bile on my cream colored carpet and it sat there for a few hours because I took him to the vet right away. By the time I got home it was dry. Mr. Hoover Steamvac took care of it, no problem :)

Edited by krissn333

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

On top of the massive vet bills, it'll be $100 to clean the carpet she barfed all over (I have just one room with carpet but that's where she chose! Well that and my bedspread).

I've heard that it's because they get better traction on the carpet - I've got slate flooring throughout the house except for the bedrooms, and they always head for the bedrooms

Sending good thoughts your way for Beth

I think that in addition to getting traction on carpet, vomiting and peeing on carpet assures the discerning hound that nothing nasty will get onto their feet. :rolleyes: Gotta love them.

Hoping that poor sweet Beth will be feeling better soon.

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.