Hard To Believe That It's Been 5 Years

Annette

When we adopted her, we did not know if she was cat safe, so we brought her into the house wearing the awful metal muzzle that was her dowry. Our tom kitty, Spooky, who was afraid of nothing, was afraid of Miss Scarlett in that muzzle. Then there was Lefty, our 3-legged alpha kitty. She proceeded to lie on Scarlett’s new bed. Scarlett was an alpha also. She was not a snarly alpha; she said everything with her “look”. I can only guess that Scarlett and Lefty had a conversation that went along these lines: “Lefty, you can be alpha over your kitty siblings and any future puppy siblings, but you will not be alpha over me. We will get along fine if you agree with that arrangement.” Lefty never laid on Scarlett’s bed after that first day with us.

Needless to say, but Scarlett was “confident in her skin”. Her last year and a half with us, she rode around in her wagon. The combination of arthritis and cancer depleted her stamina. She thoroughly enjoyed cruising in her wagon. She finally had her custom coach that her fans could adore her in. Scarlett was all diva when she was riding in that wagon.

I remember the day we lost her like it was yesterday. I also remember her the day before we lost her. She was so happy to finally be able to lounge in the ocean. It’s hard to believe that it has been 5 years.

Scarlett Mattson, Princess of Whine, OBH – 2/1993 – 10/8/2005

ScarlettVideoScan.jpg

Annette

Edited by Annette

Annette, mom to Banjo (AJN Spider Man) & Casey (kitty), wife to Roy. Mom to bridgekids: Wheat (GH), Icabod (GH), Scarlett (Cab's Peg Bundy), Rhett (Kiowa Day Juice), Dixie (Pazzo Dixie), Pogo/Gleason (Rambunctious), and Miriam (Miriam of Ruckus) and Spooky, Taffy, Garfield, & Lefty (kitties)

Annette, I remember the day as clearly as if yesterday; I still have that great picture of her and Rhett - what a great little smile she had! She was a lovely little girlie and she had a life of love and joy with all of you. :f_pink

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest Tes623

Annette, I can't believe it's been five years already either. I was at the hotel in Rehoboth when Scarlett was killed. It was just horrible and I don't know how you guys made it through it. I still think about poor Scarlett whenever I get in an elevator and I never have my dogs in an elevator with me ever since Scarlett's accident.

I'll never forget Hearing about Annette. I was sitting in the bookstore in Ruddertown with Maureen (TinyMightyMo) and she told me about it. I couldn't stop thinking about how absolutely horrifying that must've been for you. I still think about Scarlett often :grouphug

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest trevdog

I'm so sorry...it seems like only yesterday here too. I still have the picture of them you sent me too. We place it out with the holiday cards as you sent it to me in one...

Hugs

I just went back and read about what happened to Scarlett, and all I can say is :cry1 and :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

Annette, sending tons of hugs, I can't believe it's five years either. I just went through some "greyhound stuff" and saw the picture of her you sent to me after her passing. My thoughts are with you today. Scarlett was certainly a diva. xoxo

Guest boondog

I can't believe it's been five years. We were staying at the same place, too. I can remember just like yesterday standing in the stairwell and crying when I heard the news. I will never, ever forget sweet Scarlett in her wagon. :grouphug

Was such a horrible loss. Can't believe it's really been 5 years--I remember your phonecall like it was yesterday--I think of your darling often and this year while in Dewey I said a quiet pray to her. I'm sure she's watching over you and Roy everyday. Hugs :cry1

Edited by tbhounds

Oh, Annette, I remember crying for you and Roy and Scarlett that day, and I'm crying for you now. I thought about you when we were in Dewey, and know how hard this anniversary must be for you. But like you said, I remember the day before you lost her as well. I took a picture of Scarlett in her wagon because she charmed me so, like she always did. She was so happy and so loved.

:grouphug

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown