Four Years And Just Yesterday

rycezmom

The Summer Solstice has tiptoed in again, quietly and with little fanfare as it does each year, tugging up memories from the depths and quiet corners of my heart. It is a day of reflection which I depend on, cherish and selfishly look forward to. It is a sad yet joyful day for me as I wade gently through all of the images, memories and feelings that make up my bridgebaby, my hearthound, Ryce. It is harder to write of these emotional and mental videos, stored in my mind and heart these last four years. I guard them jealously and greedily watch them with my minds eye every day like snippets of a film that I felt should never have ended. They sneak in, snuggle up to and quiet my mind at the oddest times throughout my days and nights. Sometimes they startle me with their sudden appearance but I welcome them in like a long lost friend. I miss him. I miss his distinguished, greying, handsome face. I miss his quiet and gentlemanly ways. I miss the way he loved the ferns in the backyard. I miss the way he always slept with his nose tucked under his blanket. I miss his crooked ear. I miss him beside me as we closed up the house together each night. I truly miss the quiet of the night as he would lean against me and we would ponder the darkness together, each with our own musings. Thoughts of him make me smile and my heart laugh. Even though he is always here with me, close by and within reach in my mind, I wish I could stroke his soft brindle fur just one more time. Ryce.

04-13-03_0011a1a.jpg

100_0695a-1.jpg

He would linger forever among the ferns if he could

100_0417a.jpg

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

So handsome.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts of him, and the pictures.

Stay in your momma's heart and dreams always, sweet boy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What a handsome boy he was. It's always nice when the mourning gives way to happy memories and thoughts, when the tears are replaced with smiles. We will always miss them, but are able to remember them with a smile. A huge hug.:grouphug

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Hw will always be with you, Leslie. Thank you for sharing Ryce with us. Gentle hugs from Irene and Wendy,

Irene ~ Owned and Operated by Jenny (Jenny Rocks ~ 11/24/17) ~ JRo, Jenny from the Track

Lola (AMF Won't Forget ~ 04/29/15 -07/22/19) - My girl. I'll always love you.

Wendy (Lost Footing ~ 12/11/05 - 08/18/17) ~ Forever in our hearts. "I am yours, you are mine".

Guest jade1046

Wow - that was such a beautifully written tribute to your handsome Ryce. Do you write professionally? If not, you should. You've expressed so well how many of us feel when we remember our angels. Thank you for sharing. :grouphug