New Greyhound Owners

Guest cerberus

Guest cerberus

Hello All,

My wife and I just adopted a beautiful 3yo Greyhound currently named Delphi. We've had her just 24hrs and she seems to be settling in wonderfully.

We live in Melbourne, Australia and Delphi was adopted through GAP (http://gap.grv.org.au/) in Seymour. She's ex-racing and had lived with 2 foster families before joining us. We had been mulling over the idea of bringing a dog into our home for quite a few months before deciding that a Greyhound would be right for us. The look, temperament and low energy level won us over pretty quickly.

The people at GAP were really wonderful and do an excellent job finding loving home for these dogs. We were able to meet and greet a number of different Greyhounds that suited our lifestyle, as well as read detailed notes and tips from their previous foster families. We think this was a big help in finding the right dog for us.

While it's only been 24hrs she's adapting really well - no messes in the house, no bad behavior and even slept silently all night. She's learned our bedroom is off-limits and walks very well on the leash, though I fear one of our couches is hers for good!

EBqbu.jpg

Welcome from Miami to both you and your beautiful houndie! Looks to be kickin back without any trouble!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest Samantha

Hey thats my dog!!! :blink::lol: they have the exact same markings white chest feet and tip of tale,they could quite possibly be related seeing as my Maddisons Dad is a Australian dog :blink: .

Welcome to GT she is BEAUTIFUL :wub:

Welcome from another black hound owner here. :colgate Yes they do tend to take over the couch, now don't they. I hope you have another one for the humans to sit on!

Mom to Toley (Astascocita Toley) DOB 1/12/09, and Bridge Angel Opie (Wine Sips Away) 3/14/03-12/29/12

Another black grey here, in New York City! Welcome to GT - I'm a newbie (just into our third month) and we're addicted to our grey. Enjoy!

Dave (GLS DeviousDavid) - 6/27/18
Gracie (AMF Saying Grace) - 10/21/12
Bella (KT Britta) - 4/29/05 to 2/13/20

Guest Mommy2Junebug

Welcome, Cerberus!

My BF and I are new greyhound owners as well. We've had our girl Junebug for about 3 weeks now. She's a doll, and she's been perfect! From one new grey owner to another, you definitely picked the right breed!

Delphi is so beautiful!! :beatheart

Congratulations!! :confetti

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

She definitely looks like she's having a hard time adjusting (lol)!! :lol :lol

What a beautiful greyhound and love the name!

Welcome to GT!!

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

Guest IrskasMom

What a Beautiful Girl :wub::wub::wub::wub: WELCOME to GT :wave:wave:wave Here you'll find many compassionate People who can help you with all kind of Questions.

Welcome to GT! She's lovely & it looks like she knows she's home. :)

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest Dragonmom

Congrats, she is beautiful.

I have a friend in Bendigo that wants to adopt a greyhound now, but he is moving to canada in novemeber so is going to wait till he gets here.

Edited by Dragonmom

Welcome! And Delphi is very beautiful.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross