My Iberia...

Guest FullMetalFrank

Guest FullMetalFrank

Time still marches on, and tomorrow it will be seven years since the tragic occurrence that took you from us, way too soon. :( How life has evolved in those years; the things you taught me that I embrace today, the memories that are now part of family lore; and the one thing that shines the brightest... You were my first greyhound love; and the one who made your kind a forever part of our lives. You are woven thru the fabric of my being; always with me and always reminding me to look for compassion and understanding even when it seems impossible. Tomorrow would be a special day; regardless because of you, but tomorrow is my graduation and I will be thinking of you, and thanking you for helping me follow my heart.

I miss you, my friend; and one day I know we will be together again. Until then; stay close in my heart and know that you will never be forgotten...

Love, Mom

:wub:f_yellow

Edited by FullMetalFrank

It's good to remember the ones who have left. I remember Iberia, but it sure doesn't seem possible that it's been 7 years. I'm sure he'll be smiling tomorrow when you graduate, and cheering for you as well.

It seems so fitting that you'll be graduating tomorrow, doesn't it? Robbie, I don't think a day goes by where I don't think of both you and Iberia. I remember that time like it was yesterday. Relax and think good thoughts as he continues to have a positive effect on your life, as well as mine (and others, also). Iberia, please celebrate your mom's big day with Loca :).

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

7 years seems impossible.

Rest well, sweetest boy. Send your momma kisses on the wind.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Hugs

And congratulations on your graduation!

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

Guest how888

I just can't believe it's been 7 years.. I remember Iberia and all the posts so well.. Leave those paw prints in the stars for all to see sweet Iberia.... You will never be forgotten...

I remember Iberia and the terrible dog fight. I am so sorry you had to lose him. He could not have been more loved.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

I can't believe that it is seven years, already. His story remains fixed in my mind.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I know Iberia will be happy and smiling at your graduation tomorrow. I just know he'll be there-he might not be visable since he left his earth suit behind- but he'll be there. "For love is as strong as death..."Song of Solomon 8:6 angelwings.gif

Memories of the heart are the strongest. The best. The saddest. How perfect the day will be tomorrow, for you and for your heart memories of Iberia.

L.

Robbie - You have worked so very hard to get to tomorrow. The rest of your life follows along for this ride. Congratulations! We share your joy!

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Wow....I can't imagine that many years have gone by...I had just found GT when that happened.

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021

grouphug.gif

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Guest FullMetalFrank

Yesterday, right before I left for the ceremony, I sat down and read thru all the posts in Iberia's thread; and felt the tears stream down my face. And then I got up, dried my face, and went and graduated; and it was wonderful. B)

I have to thank all of you who help me to keep my boy's memory alive and who know that my remembrances to him over the years are about so much more than "just a dog"... You guys are the best; :love2 thank you...

-Robbie-