Larry Is Home From The Vet

Guest Adrianne

Guest Adrianne

Yay!!! No sign of osteo!!! We are looking at arthritis and what the vet says looks to be a mild case of hip dysplasia. (I was very surprised to hear that.) We're going to stay on course with his treatment of anti-inflammatory, pain medication, supplements.

Larry was very good, but he REALLY hates going for a ride. When we opened the doors of the truck to get him in, he became the canine equivalent of a small child having a temper tantrum--kicking and screaming. He does not like getting in the truck. When we got to the vet's office, he kept trying to hide behind Jamie. What a funny boy.

As for Ollie, she is officially on a diet. And she did the sweetest thing--the vet tech was a young man probably in his very early 20's. When it was time to draw blood from Ollie, he wrapped her tight in his arms to keep her from moving. It was obvious she was nervous and scared because she was whimpering a little bit. Once the vet drew the blood and walked away, Ollie looked up at the vet tech (who still had her wrapped in his arms) and kissed him right on the cheek.

Thank you for all the good thoughts for Larry. We both appreciate it so very much.

:yay :yay :yay

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

wonderful news...and Ollie, well how sweet is that.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

Guest Energy11

WAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am sure this made your day!! IT SURELY DID MINE!!

Tell Ollie, Good luck on her diet! Love, Dee

yay.gifyay.gifyay.gif Larry beatinghearts.gif

Ollie, you little porkchop, you are so sweet wub.gif

grouphug.gif Thank you for posting this wonderful news, Adrianne, I've had little girl syndrome all morning bounce.gif

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Guest LindsaySF

Glad to hear it. :)

Given that hip dysplasia is so rare in Greyhounds, perhaps Larry has the beginnings of LS? I didn't read your other thread so I don't know what symptoms you've been witnessing.

Guest Adrianne

Given that hip dysplasia is so rare in Greyhounds, perhaps Larry has the beginnings of LS?

Well, I'm wondering the same thing...off to do some research.

Good news! Larry, you've gotta chill out, sweetie.

And Ollie.... :wub:

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest Houndie

Wonderful news! I couldn't wait to have a chance to check the board to see how the visit went. colgate.gif Sounds like Larry tried hard to be a brave buckaroo, despite his fear. Poor guy! And Ollie certainly has a way with people, doesn't he? Thanks for sharing the good news!!

Guest GentleHugs

NOW I can breathe.... whew! lol.gif I wanted to post but couldn't find the right words to say. So I decided to start praying and holding my breath instead.

I'm a big fan of Larry's and when I read he was limping, my heart totally sank.

I am so relieved (as I'm sure you are, too).

btw - if your area has been getting a lot of rain or dampness and turning very cool at night like we have been lately, that could contribute to him being stiff and achy. It's been affecting me and my senior girl, too. She's 12 1/2.

Tell Larry to take it easy and give him a gentle hug - we want him to be around for a long time and give little Ollie a hug, too.

For Larry and Ollie bighug.gif