One Year Without My Girl

CaliforniaGreys

So hard to believe it's been a year without Misty, I often wonder how we made it through.

Life changed so much after she left, the house was just so quiet it was hard to be home.

It was difficult to leave the desert as it was Misty's home, and as much as I know she stays in my heart, it was still tough to leave. She was everywhere in that house and in that yard, all her favorite spots, the streets we walked now left behind.

To this day while I'm on the phone, I miss her talking to me because she wanted a marshmallow. Misty was a pro whiner. I miss that. She totally ruled Ekko and Wayne, even as little as she was, she was mighty.

She will always be my heart and always be my little bo-peep girl :beatheart

playfulMisty-2.jpg

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Gingergrey

The one year anniversary is very tough, went through it last December with my Ginger. It's true, life is never the same. They touch us very deeply. Hugs to you.:bighug

What a pretty girl she was. I wish I could have met her. :wub:

ETA--Oh my gosh. Your thread made me think of my Cosmo and it will be six years to the day and date on Tuesday that she went to the Bridge. Daisy is soft like a bunny, but CoCo was my velveteen girl--she was silky, velvety soft.

Lucky and Daisy send their love.

D

Edited by DaisyDoodle

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

:grouphug The greatest gift we can receive is a dog who is our heart-and-soul. Misty was your heart girl on so many levels, Claudia. And while your greatest memories of her were from CA, she'll be in your heart and soul no matter where you live.

You and Misty were each other's soulmate, and I just know that even in RI, she's right there with you, letting you know that the depth of love you had for each other transcends death. Misty will always be alive in your heart.

Enormous hugs, my friend.

gallery_13500_3426_13848.jpg

Guest TheUnrulyHound

WOW Claudia a year :weep: It doesn't feel like it has been that long, it really must have been hard to leave all that behind :(

We all still miss you Misty :candle

:grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

One year for so many of us... so hard, I know.

Sending hugs- now that you are closer, they will get there faster.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest MyCody

The one year anniversary is so hard, went through it last month for Cody our thirteen year old gentle giant. Hugs to you for Misty.

I can't believe its been a year.

Misty, you may not be with us but you will be in our hearts forever.

Claudia, from all of us here :grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Misty was a very special girl. :grouphug

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

......But a year Claudia, that has brought great change for you. Changes, thoughts and feelings that were colored by your beautiful girl. The way you see yourself, the hounds, your world and how you interact with each has been painted in shades of Misty and her unconditional love and companionship. We love in return and learn from each of our hounds as well as those around us. Misty gave, and continues to give, the best of herself through you. Kindness, patience, independent spirit and the ability to give unconditionally. Inturn, you pass it on to those who come after, both human and hound.

At this one year anniversary of sadness in your life, my hope, my wish for you, is a fondness of memory and gentle reflections of your precious Misty with a heart healing well.82wr49g.gif

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Claudia...... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Misty was a Very Special little girl and she was our Pongos Beautiful Girl, and she will always be in our hearts........ :beatheart :beatheart Pongo really misses her and her picture sets in our China Cabinet in a very Special place.... :wub: You will see each other again and until then she is playing and having a "Great" time in good health at the bridge ....Her memories will be cherished "FOREVER".

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

A whole year, already? :cry1:cry1 Hard to believe... :(

I am so sorry she is no longer physically with you, Claudia... you must miss her so much. But I know she is in your heart always, and our loved ones truly do live on in the smiles they elicit when we think of them, and the laugh we spontaneously break into when remembering a habit they had or an expression they wore... may you continue to treasure all your beautiful memories of Misty, and draw comfort from them.

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

:grouphug I'm sorry, Claudia.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Big hugs, Claudia.

You gave her everything she wanted, and you listened when she talked.

Rest well, sweet pea. We're checking the prairie every week for your shooting stars.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest cristaron

Your sweet little Misty was with you on your journey to your new home. She truly was your

guardian angel the whole way and made sure that you arrived safely.

All the good memories have been bundled up and came along with on that trip.

She's still with you and always will be, no matter where you are.

Bless you sweet lady.

:)

Guest ss556
:grouphug She was so loved and knew it. She had a really greyt mom and knew that too. Both of you were blessed to have each other. I know how hard this day is and the only thing that I can smile about is that I am sure Alan finally got to meet Misty. :f_pink