My Ozzie Left Last Night

Guest 4rooers

Guest 4rooers

What can I say about the perfect greyhound? Ozzie was my dog from the minute I saw him. On March 1,2008 his owners brought him to the Petsmart meet-n-greet to surrender him because he didn't "suit their lifestyle" anymore.I couldn't believe someone could give up their dog like that. He was devastated when he figured out he wasn't going home again. Sara(greytlady)opened her heart and took him to the kennel. He struggled with his grief and wouldn't eat. We all worried that he was just going to fade away. I took some stew and he ate!

On June 6,2008 Sara gave the best gift I will ever receive, she let me bring Ozzie home. He settled right in and I knew I had found my once in a lifetime companion.

Over the past week he started to struggle with eating and pain, and the acupuncture, herbs and supplements weren't helping anymore. His back legs weren't able to support him very well, and on his walk Thursday night he fell. He kept looking at me as if to say" don't take my pride away from me",for he was a proud, stoic man.I wish I could have had many more years with him, but no amount of time would have been enough with this sweet boy.

Pa's Lee Oswald was a great racer and the love of my life.

He went quietly on his bed with me holding him and telling him how very much I loved him.

My heart is broken and I will miss him until the day I can join him.

I am trying very hard not to second guess my decision to let him go. I know in my heart it was time, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I made a video to share of my amazing boy. I hope you will watch and celebrate my Ozzie. I know he is surrounded by all the greyhounds who have gone before.

Kim

http://kimlpta.mediashare.com?selectedalbum=kimlpta453716

Edited by 4rooers

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Samantha

What can I say about the perfect greyhound? Ozzie was my dog from the minute I saw him. On March 1,2008 his owners brought him to the Petsmart meet-n-greet to surrender him because he didn't "suit their lifestyle" anymore.I couldn't believe someone could give up their dog like that. He was devastated when he figured out he wasn't going home again. Sara(greytlady)opened her heart and took him to the kennel. He struggled with his grief and wouldn't eat. We all worried that he was just going to fade away. I took some stew and he ate!

On June 6,2008 Sara gave the best gift I will ever receive, she let me bring Ozzie home. He settled right in and I knew I had found my once in a lifetime companion.

Over the past week he started to struggle with eating and pain, and the acupuncture, herbs and supplements weren't helping anymore. His back legs weren't able to support him very well, and on his walk Thursday night he fell. He kept looking at me as if to say" don't take my pride away from me",for he was a proud, stoic man.I wish I could have had many more years with him, but no amount of time would have been enough with this sweet boy.

Pa's Lee Oswald was a great racer and the love of my life.

He went quietly on his bed with me holding him and telling him how very much I loved him.

My heart is broken and I will miss him until the day I can join him.

I am trying very hard not to second guess my decision to let him go. I know in my heart it was time, but it doesn't make it any easier.

I made a video to share of my amazing boy. I hope you will watch and celebrate my Ozzie. I know he is surrounded by all the greyhounds who have gone before.

Kim

http://kimlpta.mediashare.com?selectedalbum=kimlpta453716

Im so sorry, beautiful video, beautiful boy x

Run Free Ozzie xxx

Guest PhillyPups

I am so very sorry for your loss. You gave him the hardest gift we can give our hounds, the gift of loving them enough to let them go peacefully with their dignity and grace. My heart is breaking with you.

Run with the angels sweet Ozzie, you are with the very very best. ~

Okay, I'll stop weeping long enough to tell you how sorry I am. You're the very best thing that could've happened to Ozzie.

:grouphug:f_red:grouphug

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest BooBooMama

Oh sweet Ozzie. You could be a twin to my Jen. Seeing you took my breath away.

Run fast again sweet boy- my BooBoo is waiting to run with you.

My heart is with you Kim.

I'm so sorry for your loss. :grouphug

:cry1 Beautiful video tribute to your much loved Ozzie.

Edited by galgrey

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

You loved and understood him so well.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious Ozzie.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest EmbersDad

what a beautiful tribute video....must be raining in this house...my cheeks are wet. run free ozzie, go find ember and jed.

:bighug

:( Thank you for stepping up for Ozzie, first when his family abandoned him, and again in giving him this final gift. Believe me, I understand how difficult that is. I am so very sorry for your loss. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Bless you for taking this boy when he needed you most.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson