Please Keep Us In Your Thoughts- It Is Hip And Spine Cancer

Guest BooBooMama

Guest ss556

I'm so sorry to hear this and really angry with this cancer crap. I hope you enjoy the time together. You have my thoughts and prayers.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry you and Boo Boo have gotten this devastating news. It makes you feel so helpless, doesn't it? But what you are doing is important---making her feel safe and loved, and controlling the pain.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest fandogs

Love her, enjoy your time with her, and do the most loving thing when that time comes..

Never easy.. but so important.

Prayers to your family.

Guest BooBooMama

UPDATE: Thank you all for your warmth and well wishes. Last night was tough. They had to sedate her for the x-rays yesterday and when I got her home she had terrible dysphoria. For over an hour she paced back and forth, occasionally running to a window or a door then over to another window- over and over. I gave her the anti-anxiety medication they sent us home with but she continued to run from window to window looking for the imaginary 'intruder'. I finally made a mad dash back to the animal hospital and got her a sedative. With all those pain meds, the anti-anxiety meds and the sedative she went out like a light. At about 3:00 AM I heard her get up to go to her water dish. As she returned her 'foot steps' sounded strange so I turned on the lights and saw her staggering. I tried to help her but she shook me off and staggered back to her bed on her own. I stayed up the rest of the night and watched her sleep. This morning she was still groggy but it was time for her pain meds so I got her to sit up and waited to see if she was alert enough to swallow pills. I usually give her a dog cookie with each pill to ensure she has swallowed it. She saw the box of dog cookies and her ears shot right up. She not only took her meds but gobbled three cookies. This is the first time in 2 weeks that she showed such an interest in food. I bought her a small bowl of salmon and rice and she gobbled that up too!

At 9:00 AM sharp she got up alert and ready to go. She did her little 'play bow' and asked to go for a walk. She is resting comfortably now.

It is such a bitter irony. In January they found I have a blood protein imbalance which is suggestive of multiple myeloma- a blood cancer that destroys your bones. I am doing fine so far and accredited my condition to her companionship. Now I will lose her to that dreaded disease.

Forgive me- more than you all wanted to know I am sure! Thank you for listening......

kiss1.gifgrouphug.gif for you both.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.