Queen Softee And Phawn

6greyhounds

:weep It was one year ago today that we had to let Softee join all of our Angels at the bridge and 4 years ago today that we had to let Phawn go. It does not get any easier and the tears are flowing today.

post-14200-12711835563098.jpg

Phawn the day she became an angel

post-14200-12711835854.gif

Her Majesty Queen Softee

It is better to have loved and lost
Than never to have loved at all

Missing my Big Blue eyed Bear

:grouphug

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Rest in peace, Queen Softee and Phawn.

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

You're right, it doesn't get any easier. (I now have 3 at the Bridge)

I have 4 greys plus Niki who taught Shadow our first grey how to rule the roost

Thank you - It might of been easier if My Big Blue Eyed Bear was around but I was also griekving for him and my twins. Then the weather was nasty raining and very gloomy. Just hope today is better for me.

I wrote this last year about Softee but I am still unable to write anything about Phawn who was only 8 1/2 when she passed from OS

Softee

It was September of 1998 that you came into our lives. Nikki, our collie/shep mix, had gone to the Bridge, and we did not want Shadow to be an only child. When we brought you home you just moved on in as if you had lived here all of your life. You bonded instantly to your dad and Shadow, which amazed Judy (your foster mom) and Jane Drellow,(co-founder of Going Home Greyhounds) as you had taken about two weeks to make up with your foster dad. We soon found out you did not care for men. There were only three men in your life at that time; your dad, little Ricky (my grandson who is now in 9th. Grade) and Santa Claus ... and who doesn’t like Santa? If a man came into your home you tolerated him for a couple of minutes, then gave him a look as if to say “You have been here long enough, when are you leaving”. If they did not leave as soon as you wanted them to go, you flew up stairs and stayed there until they were gone. Your little feet were like pistons but you never made a sound. They sure did give you a good name, Softshoesureshot. In time you learned that all men were not ogres and you started to warm up to a few that you decided were okay in your book.

You loved taking trips. You made it to Florida, New Jersey, Ohio and Dewey Beach. You always seemed to know when a rest stop was coming up. I swear you could read especially when a sign came up saying there was a rest stop ahead.

In 2008 you were made Queen of Grey Talk as the oldest female greyhound on that board, and you wore your crown with pride. At Dewey, you met some of your loving subjects, including Xan, who had done your Royal Portrait.

Missing you Mom, Dad

PS: Received your letter that you are safe at The Bridge

:f_red Thinking of you here Beryl.

I can still remember the picture of Queen Softee in the back of your car being visited by Xan.

That picture really stuck with me :beatheart

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Here is Queen Softee with Xan - I remember Xan saying and she stood up to greet me.

post-14200-12712545622261_thumb.jpg

post-14200-12712547030368_thumb.jpg

A beautiful sunset when we left Dewey that year. I wonder if it was an omen

I agree it never gets easier. I have 6 at the bridge, 1 grey & the other 5 mixed.

you go along fine & than something reminds you & they are their with you for the minute & than gone again.

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Thank you for posting that Beryl, I don't know what it is about that picture but I've always loved it.

you are welcome I also love that picture

I agree it never gets easier. I have 6 at the bridge, 1 grey & the other 5 mixed.

you go along fine & than something reminds you & they are their with you for the minute & than gone again.

Yes even the ones I had to re-home after David passed away will bring tears.

Thank you Xan it has been very difficult and I am trying to cope with everything. I keep thinking if only David were here with me it would be so much easier

1 year for Softee and 4 years for Phawn and it does not get any easier. I guess I will be a basket case when May 27 rolls along which is the day I lost my big blue eyed bear David