Road Trip Ak To Al

Jeff

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope, not there yet and nope, house is not ready to close yet :angryfire

We will arrive in Mobile tomorrow, and continue through to Florida and see/stay with my mom for a few days until we can hopefully close on the house this week. If we don't close by Friday, that is a bad thing.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Dallas, TX to New Orleans, LA today. Pick up my car in the morning and drop it off in Mobile and on to see Jeff's mom.

18April.jpg

Was a bit of a hellish day today.

Guess you don't want to stay in Dallas with NY plates if the Yankees beat the Rangers - it lands you a trip to the garage... on a Sunday am... when garages are not open... to find out some dumbass loosened your lug nuts on your front wheels during the night to the point the guys at the garage could take them off with their fingers, with the exception of one.

And La Quinta is apparently not all pet friendly. The one I had booked tonight had breed restrictions (Tavarish not welcome) and their pet rooms are smoking rooms only. We are now next door at Motel 6.

Guest Greytluv

And La Quinta is apparently not all pet friendly. The one I had booked tonight had breed restrictions (Tavarish not welcome) and their pet rooms are smoking rooms only. We are now next door at Motel 6.

I can't believe someone loosened your lug nut eek.gif That would have been bad if you lost a tire while driving. What a bunch of a$$es.

mad.gif I'm glad you went to Motel 6.

Edited by Greytluv

OMG! I'm so sorry! How in the world did you find it?

Piss on La Quinta for excluding Tavarish. :P

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Dallas, TX to New Orleans, LA today. Pick up my car in the morning and drop it off in Mobile and on to see Jeff's mom.

18April.jpg

Was a bit of a hellish day today.

Guess you don't want to stay in Dallas with NY plates if the Yankees beat the Rangers - it lands you a trip to the garage... on a Sunday am... when garages are not open... to find out some dumbass loosened your lug nuts on your front wheels during the night to the point the guys at the garage could take them off with their fingers, with the exception of one.

HOLY CRAP!!!

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

If you guys need a break between NO and Mobile feel free to give me a ring :)

Doggy turn out and Rita's are served 24/7 if you like :)

going to Tampa tomorrow, so ~10 hours of driving time. Can't pick up Trudy's car until after 8 (late start), then time to drop it off in Mobile and an hour time change to FL. Tomorrow will be a late day, so while a Margi sounds awesome, we'll have to try it another time.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Ugh, no fun

and ya, a 9 am Rita might not be the best idea with a 10 hr drive ahead of you :D

If you all need any help with the home (once it closes) I'll be happy to help out.

OMG I am sorry that happened. I-30 and Jim Miller is not exactly the garden section of Dallas...but you probably figured that out from all the strip clubs nearby. But what to you do if you already made the reservation? Actually you were not so far away from my house in miles (<5) but worlds away in terms of neighborhoods.

Sorry about T getting the shaft tonight. Hopefully Monday will go a LOT better for you than Sunday.

Can you offer to rent back the house until closing?

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

i called two different la quinta's in utah when trying to book hotel reservations a couple of years back. their pet policies were different, so i asked the more pet-friendly hotel why. i was told that the la quinta hotels owned by the company are more pet-friendly than those that are franchises. but there's no way to know which hotel is company-owned vs. a franchise if you don't know to ask.

Edited by MrAlexTheDog

Steve, owner/photographer Crackerdog Photography, writer of ShutterHounds. Follow me on Instagram.
Alex (Sanja Black Eyes [1989-2003] - Sanja Superfrank x TH's Fandango), Nikki (Ein's Ardonis [1995-2008] - Farmer Wilson x Legs Polly),
Sadie (Carla Tar [2002-2014] - Coldwater Guv x Canatar), Katie (Leading Home [2003-2013] - Iruska Excalibur x Impress Me Much),

Bean ([2013-] - DJays Octane x O Ya Cranberry), and Billy Bob (O Ya Billy Bob [2011-2020] Dodgem By Design x O Ya Cranberry)
gallery_14296_2881_11695.jpg

Well, I can imagine how NOT fun that all was. Hopefully that's the worst of your trip and the rest will be gravy.

Fingers crossed the house gets to closing status ASAP.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Some people- loosening the lug nuts- that is really mature of them. Karma will come back to them.

Poor T- that is just wrong that he can't stay at the La Quinta. Glad that you were able to stay at Motel 6.

T- look your payback photo,

Jeff Happy belated birthday. Hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Today has to go better. Enjoy your visit with your mom and I hope you can close on the house soon.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest ishapespace

:wave You guys passed by us yesterday! (Baton Rouge). Hope it was a nice drive. Stay safe for the rest of your trip!

Oh, and we just did Baton Rouge to Tampa a few weekends ago to pick up some kennels, it's a pretty easy drive. Hopefully, not a lot of traffic for you guys. Good luck!

Britt

When I drove down to Alabama to pick up Pooter I drove a large imported car (Land Rover) with only a NY transporter plate which had to be put on upside down so the date of the plate was displayed correctly. I didn't talk much either. :lol

Continued safe travels.

Scofflaw! :lol :lol

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

Hope you can sleep in a bit tomorrow.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.