Road Trip Ak To Al

Jeff

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PhillyPups

Ack snowed in. :blink:

Do the roads stay closed there for long?

Sorry thought you were going through California, well then driving in the first "city" with traffic may be a culture shock to the system after so long in Alaska.

Sorry thought you were going through California, well then driving in the first "city" with traffic may be a culture shock to the system after so long in Alaska.

We drove through Edmonton and then Calgary at rush hour last night - hit city traffic already.

Guest Happytails

Thanks for the brilliant pics and have a safe journey.

I guess you should have been counting Tim Hortons trucks on your way through canada!

We drove through Edmonton and then Calgary at rush hour last night - hit city traffic already.

We waved at you when you were stuck in rush hour traffic here! :wave :wave You stayed in Lethbridge?

What a spring storm huh? Or should that be eh? :P Really we did have nice weather up to last week! Hopefully you will on the road again soon. Safe travels.

Tin and Michael and Lucas, Picasso, Hero, Oasis, Galina, Neizan, Enzo, Salvo and Noor the Galgos.
Remembering Bridge Angel Greyhounds: Tosca, Jamey, Master, Diego, and Ambi; plus Angel Galgos Jules, Marco and Baltasar.

I was going to say you might run into winter weather in Montana but you realized that already! You checked the new road condition map page and I think it is way too busy and harder to read than the old one. The roads don't look that bad today!

gallery_15555_2884_10764.jpg
Adrienne - with the kitties Tippy & Tyler Too

Missing my bridge angels Boo Zsee, Java Bean (Nitro Kristen), Zeeba and Baer the not-so-miniature schnauzer

Loving the pictures here too. Thanks.

Trudy - glad to see you've left Hell and moved on to In Limbo. Things are improving already!

Should you decide to make a detour and swing a little more south in Arizona, we have plenty of room for you all here and our pet rates are quite reasonable! ;) Happy and safe travels to the five of you.

Sorry to hear you are delayed.

Love the new pix of Umm Ryan,. that cannot be comfortable at all.

Be safe.

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Well if nothing else, you have Ryan for those moments when you really need a laugh.:lol Dang, that dog can sleep in any position! Safe travels today.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Drumhellergrey

:blush Ooops. I could have given you the heads up on this Blizzard, had I known you were already in Central Southern Alberta. I thought you were just crossing into Canada. Spring in Alberta, you have to be prepared for most anything.

Oh, and be sure to look out for that "California Traffic" as you head through Montana and Idaho... :lol

Drive safely

Guest ishapespace

Have a safe trip! Get ready for hot and sticky when you arrive, as it's already been in the 80's down here! (not in Mobile, but they are on par with us weatherwise).

Didn't make it to Salt Lake City as we had hoped today due to that spring blizzard in Alberta.

90 mins to get about 40 miles. Then we sat, on the highway for ~4.5 hours. There were ~15 semis, plows, graders, private vehicles stuck somewhere on the road preventing the rest of us from passing.

After we were on the road this morning, they closed it from a point behind us to a point in front of us, then extended it to the border - due to the mess that was out there of stuck plows and graders and other stuff. That's why we sat... they were digging out the stuck people. Once we hit the border, we made good time again, but no way we were making it to SLC in a reasonable time, so we are here in Idaho Falls, ID for the night.

14April.jpg

My friend Leslie is in Boise.

Disregard. I get Idaho City and Idaho Falls mixed up. :lol :lol IC is close to Boise. Y'all are on the other side of the state. :)

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

disabled snow plow

P1020467.jpg

Our line of vehicles waiting to go - some stuck where they are

notice the snow plow on the north bound side of the road... going south lol

P1020481.jpg

Some FedEx truck/trailers causing issues...

P1020493.jpg

sucks to be this guy

P1020498.jpg

a bunch of people waiting down near the border to get on the north bound road when it opens (it wasn't opened yet when we went past going South)

P1020505.jpg

The line waiting to cross the border into Canada (the truck lane leaving Canada was just as long) - roads were great in MT by the time we got there

P1020526.jpg

somewhere in Montana

P1020533.jpg

Well It's SPRING here in SLC! you won't have any problems on the roads today!

Happy Trails!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14