Road Trip Ak To Al

Jeff

We may spend an extra day in Albuquerque tonight and tomorrow night, so in Dallas either Sat or Sun night.

Well. if you'd like to plan your life around me I work a double on Saturday but am off Sunday and Monday. lol.gif Just advise.

just planned to get to the southern US fast, from here on out things will be based a bit on when the house is ready to close on.

25 days late and still not ready. Bank of America (sellers) sucks!

This house closed five days late due to a road improvement lien no one noticed. The dogs and I were homeless for that time. I feel your pain.

Edited by Hubcitypam
gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Drumhellergrey

Well, you got by Best Friends Animal Sanctuary and you still have 3 dogs in the truck. They must be behaving well for you.

I'll pm you guys and Pam... Saturday or Sunday works for me.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

You guys know I have a spare room :) and we are dog friendly and eat well here so if the delay on the house continues too long you can hang out here if ya like :D

And I promise not to post about you on GT :lol

Continued safe driving and enjoy the sights

WOW, you guys made some progeress yesterday. Love the photos of scenery and I am jealous that you were near Best Friends.

Safe Travels and welcome to the South.

Edited by Maddiesmom

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Thanks for sharing the great scenery pics. Beautiful!! Your Ryan is so funny. Amazing some of the positions they get into. lol.giflol.gif

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

After dinner I'll post our progress in the contest. Today was a big day for FedEx. We drove by several distribution centers. Before today UPS and FedEx were pretty close, that is no longer the case. Wal-Mart is a distant third, we we figured it would be anyway.

large.greyhound_signature.gif

Sleep tight.

How are you coming east tomorrow? I'd recommend Clovis to Lubbock to Snyder and then just ride I-20 on in. One map I looked at has you coming thru Amarillo and taking the wayyy back roads. If you go thru Lubbock you can also take 62/82 and get here going by the historic 6666 ranch, but I highly reccomend I-20. If you want to make a pit stop in Lubbock you can tour the wineries and visit the Buddy Holly Museum. :)

...and if you do come that route please notice when you pass through Taiban, NM. It is exactly halfway between Lubbock and Amarillo and countless hounds have been handed off on gurs in Taiban. There really is no town, just a weather monitioring station.

Sleep tight.

How are you coming east tomorrow? I'd recommend Clovis to Lubbock to Snyder and then just ride I-20 on in. One map I looked at has you coming thru Amarillo and taking the wayyy back roads. If you go thru Lubbock you can also take 62/82 and get here going by the historic 6666 ranch, but I highly reccomend I-20. If you want to make a pit stop in Lubbock you can tour the wineries and visit the Buddy Holly Museum. :)

Not really making any pit stops and we are not the historic of famous people types. Our route changes night by night as we change our destination. :lol

Not really making any pit stops and we are not the historic of famous people types. Our route changes night by night as we change our destination. lol.gif

...sigh. So I guess you also might drive by this once in a lifetime opportunity? shakefinger.gif 44 miles from where you are and on the way to Lubbock.

http://www.billythek...fortsumner.com/

Edited by Hubcitypam

And I promise not to post about you on GT :lol

Way to spoil the fun, Heather.

Love the travelogue -- hope your butts un-numb someday!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest IrskasMom

The Priceless Pictures of the Dogs and the Beautiful Pictures of the Scenerie...Thank you so much for shareing. :colgate

Edited by IrskasMom

OK, here is where we stand as of this moment :)

Trip_Log_1.gif

MPG varies on terrain, wind, altitude, fuel quality, etc.

I hate how places are playing with octane, creating 85.5 or 86 instead of 87, along with various use of ethanol to thin the mixture :angryfire

Highest price seen/paid for gas was in Canada of course, and in the middle of nowhere. $6.78 per gallon :eek

We only got enough to get us to the next real town.

Guest Heehoo

So I guess ya'll aren't interested in driving through Memphis & going by Elvis's huh? Oh well. Next time.....

Keeping you all in my thoughts & prayers for a safe trip.

Guest Heehoo

All I ever see on my trips are road kill, armadillo, skunks, possums....when you get to this side of the river, the scenery will change, especially going through Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana & Alabama. 

Nice photos! I can't believe how good your dogs are, no space issues there at all :) Enjoy the scenery while it lasts, Texas is going to be really boring, plus that is when people start talking funny...ah, road trips......

spud_karma_sig.jpgmed_gallery_2551_3357_5098.jpg

Ivon, Spud, Karma & Sasha

Missing Darla (05-22-96 03-01-2010)

Nice photos! I can't believe how good your dogs are, no space issues there at all :) Enjoy the scenery while it lasts, Texas is going to be really boring, plus that is when people start talking funny...ah, road trips......

We talk funny? :P

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.