Poodle In Hospital

Hope Poodle is on the mend. It would be nice to have a sticky with the names of low fat foods and the percentage.

"Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the day comes God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man."

Persian Proverb

Just saw this, Pam. I'm so sorry to hear about your baby!

Please keep us posted.

Healing white light to both pups from western Pa. I would cure my sister, with not listening to what I have to say , by handing her the vet bill, might have a greater impact nod.gif

Oh, you betcha!!

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE

I had an elkhound this happened to & that taught me NOT to give table scraps or anything like ham, steak, bacon, hamburger to any of my dogs.  

I'll keep Poodle in my prayers :hope

I talked to Pam yesterday... Poodle is doing better and is holding food down. She was without heat/electricity yesterday but by 8pm she had it back. She can't update until she gets to the library to use the computer so I am sure that she will update later or tomorrow.

gallery_12867_3348_20333.jpg
~Beth, with a crazy mixed crew of misfits.
~ Forever and Always missing and loving Steak, Carmen, Ivy, Isis, and Madi.
Don't cry because it's ended, Smile because it happened.
Before you judge me, try to keep an open mind, not everyone likes your taste.

Thanks for the update, kamsmom. Was worried about the little guy.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Poor Poodle! Cody had 2 bouts with pancreatitis - NOT fun! It's usually the fatty food that sets them off. She couldn't have anything fatty (which included Greenies - high in fat - which set her off one of those times).

Jeannine with Merlin, the crazed tabby cat and his sister, Jasmine, the brat-cat

With GTsiggieFromJenn.jpgAngel Cody(Roving Gemini), and Weenie the tortie waiting at the Bridge

Poodle is MUCH improved. He got up this morning and started looking for breakfast, snarfed the chicken and rice I gave him up and was looking for more. I really am just winging it on portion amounts and welcome any suggestions. I gave him a total of stouffers lasagna plastic holder (maybe a cup and a half or just less) in 2 meals yesterday and he was STARVING this morning. He was 29 pounds before this all started so he is a very big mini and I am thinking boiled and chicken and rice doesn't fill him up much. I am thinking about starting to add some kibble in tomorrow night. That will be 4 days after he was OK'd to start eating again. Thanks to you guys for checking in on him.

gallery_8149_3261_283.jpg

I am glad to hear that Poodle is doing better.

Drake - Fortified Power x Cajun Oriel

Janney - Ronco x Sol Happy

Waiting at the bridge: Sirocco - (Reko Sirocco) - Trojan Episode x Reko Princess; Nikki - (MPS Sharai) - Devilish Episode x MPS Daisy Queen;
Yukon - (Yak Back) - Epic Prince x Barts Cinnamon

Glad he is doing better and that you guys made it thru the power outage OK!

Light meals for a few days yet might not be a bad idea given what he's been through. If he is acting ravenous, could dole him out an extra third cup rice with here and there.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Glad he is doing better and that you guys made it thru the power outage OK!

Light meals for a few days yet might not be a bad idea given what he's been through. If he is acting ravenous, could dole him out an extra third cup rice with here and there.

:nod Or try mashed potatoes or macaroni. Those will fill him better than rice...at least they worked that way for Sutra.

Glad he has an appetite! :yay

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

I think "less is more" when it comes to pancreatitis, but at this point, you know Poodle best. The last thing you want is for any backward steps. So, just go with your gut feeling about what is right. So glad to hear Poodle is looking for food and even better, keeping it down!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

I almost lost my boy, Keno, to pancreatitis not too long after I adopted him. His was triggered by a pig's ear! He was on a bland, homecooked diet for quite a while before I found kibble that agreed with him (Canidae, the original formula). After that I was always very careful about his diet and ticked plenty of people off who wanted to give him "just a little bite" of something they swore wouldn't hurt him. He had one other pancreatitis flare up when a "friend" decided it wouldn't hurt anything to give him fatty chicken skin despite my having already said absolutely no fat! I seriously wanted to send him the vet bill!

So glad to hear Poodle is on the mend. It's scary to see them that sick and in that much pain. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Continued prayers for Poodle.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Glad he's feeling better. Hope he's 100% very soon.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)