Tuesday May Be The Day

Guest TaraCoachCougar

I am so very sorry. I know how hard a decision that is to make.

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers.

:grouphug:(

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very sorry you're going through this, I too agree that from the description of everything, it is time. You will be giving him the sweetest gift ever. It appears the fun has gone out of his life. His journey on earth is to make you happy and it sounds as if he did. :beatheart

I am so sorry to hear this. Very hard decision but listen to your gut and heart. To quote "The Journey" by Crystal Ward Kent - when we bring a pet into your life, you begin a journey - a journey that will bring you more love and devotion than you have ever known yet also test your strength and courage. We are thinking of you through this difficult time.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

Oh, Tara, I'm so sorry. :cry1

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

Guest TaraCoachCougar

We've had another small rally, so Tuesday may not end up being the day.

He is still in bad shape, but he did get up and down by himself a few times this evening (to switch from our mattress that's on the floor to his bed and back. He didn't have to walk while he was peeing to keep from landing on the ground and I wasn't afraid he would fall over backwards into his poop when he was squatting. The fact that he stayed out there and did both in one trip is an accomplishment these days. I really can't see him making a recovery at this point as his muscles are so slender and the LS is still there and I'm trying to determine if I think his belly looks a little distended, but at least I might get to love on him a few more days.

He wolfed down some canned Alpo, a few milkbones and some baby food meat sticks when I got home from work. We'll take it and consider it a good day for Cougs.

I on the other hand am probably going to have to check in the looney bin when this roller coaster ride is over! If tomorrow is a good day, I think we'll set Friday as a goal and then reassess at that point. It's easier for me to take it in small chunks like that.

Thanks to all for helping me weather this very emotional time! Cougar appreciates it when his mom isn't freaking out.

Edited by TaraCoachCougar

Guest Energy11

I am soo glad you and Cougs had a GOOD day! All you can do now, is literally, take it day, by day, by day, and give Cougs all the LOVE and SPOILING you can muster! Love, Dee and The Five

I remember when we scheduled for Brandy, after the weekend on a Monday. She had such a good morning on Monday, I called and canceled. We walked, she ate, kept her food and seemed relaxed. I also knew, she would not recover, but was glad that we were able to share one more good day with her.

I am glad that Cougar had a good day, and I truly hope he has many more.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I'm thinking of you both. I know that roller coaster ride and it really does make us feel like we're going to lose it.

The only thing that helped me not go totally nuts was I felt that let the roller coaster be for me and not my little girl.

And for the most part, that's how it was

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

We went through that with Emmy also. It's a hard ride to take for sure. My heart and prayers are with you.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest EmilyandSioux

Hugs to you both. We are thinking and praying for you. I am a firm believer that when the time is right they will tell you. You also have to be willing to let go and they need to know that. I know this sounds bad but I sit down with my animals when I know the time is near and tell them that it is ok to go over the bridge. I think they need to know that. I also think they will tell me when they are ready to go. I have worked in the vet field for 20 years and most of it with the e-vet. People have asked me if the time was right for their fur kid and I have always old them to ask the fur kid. It was their decision I was only there to help if needed.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

It appears Tuesday will NOT be the day!

:):):):):)

Eating like a horse and feeling good enough to get up and even turn a circle in his crate when I was going over to let him out. That has been an issue for him the last several days. Do I dare dream to get a tail wag again?

Cougar says Mayfield Snow Cream ice cream is the BEST!!! But, Gerber baby food meat sticks are giving them a run for their money. All that on top of kibble and yogurt and applesause and milkbones...

ETA I almost forgot to share one of the best parts. At 4:45am, instead of just flicking his tail to poop on his disposable puppy pad while laying down, he got me up to take him outside for poops and pees!!!

Edited by TaraCoachCougar