Tuesday May Be The Day

Guest TaraCoachCougar

My heart is just aching for you. I just did this last week with Pearl.

I was nauseated thinking about when to call the vets. I still have a headache from the stress.

It does sound like it's time. I wish there was something I could say or do to help.

Mary Pat

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry you can't have more time with him, but Cougar is trusting you to do the best thing. I'll be thinking of you...

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

The best gift you can give him is the gift to be pain free. You are his best friend and love him. You will know in your heart what is best for him. G-d bless. It is never easy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest dobiegrey

I am so very sorry! Can your vet or one of his techs come to your home to help him to the bridge? When that is possible it makes an awful experience a little easier :( . Many hugs and warm thoughts to you and your family.

Lou

Guest my3greys
:grouphug I am so very sorry for your very sad time. I had to do this in June for our Gracie. So hard to let go,,but was the right decision for Grace. Hugs to you and know you are doing the best thing for your baby.

Guest greysonly

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to let go. Sending strength, hugs and prayers your way. :grouphug I had to to this last month to my heart dog Jazz. I so know what you are going thru. :cry1

I am so very sorry you must make this decision, having been there I know how difficult it is. But like someone said you know your pup better then anyone and you know when it is time to let them go. As hard as it is, letting them go with diginty and peace is the final most wonderful gift you can give them. My thoughts are with you.

It's such a difficult decision, but you'll know when it's time. :( My thoughts and prayers are with you and your best boy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:cry1 :cry1 :grouphugsadhugsmiley.gif Edited by MerlinsMum

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest Adrianne

I am so, so sorry for you. It's so hard to let go and never easy. Even when we know it's the right thing to do, it isn't easy. Lots of hugs. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers. grouphug.gif