Tuesday May Be The Day

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest TaraCoachCougar

I'm thinking Tuesday may be the day. Mobility is almost down to zero. We also have very white gums now, too. I've just got to make sure I'm doing it for him and not to ease a burden on me. I've got to convince myself it's not too soon yet. He only gets up now with help from me unless he is in his crate where he can roll back against the wall. I've had to carry him up the steps several times the last couple of days. He barely has the strength to stand long enough to poop and pee. He has fallen going up the steps. I think we have something going on with a front leg now, too. It has given out twice on the steps and he has gone down chest first on the way up. He eats his meals and drinks his water in bed. I'm not sure if our biggest issue now is cancer, LS or just overall loss of almost all muscle tone. Although he is eating well, he just looks so pitiful. It's all just too much of a struggle for him. I don't think anyone can say I haven't tried. He's done surgery and chemo, been to the vet for corn removal almost every three weeks for the last 2 or 3 years, had the depo-medral shot and been to the chiropractor. I've done the best I could do for him for the last 10 years, but I'm afraid I can't do anything more. I know he has been living on borrowed time since June, but it sill hurts.

This is the same week we let Coach go last year.

:weep

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry. :(

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13), Grey Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23)

Oh no. I am so sorry.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I am so sorry! It is so hard to know when it is right to let them go but trust your instincts - don't second guess yourself. It is the greatest gift we can give back - to restore their dignity and give them peace.

:grouphug

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Just go with what's in your heart. You know your baby best and know what's best for him. Lots of white light coming your way.

blackgreys5.jpg

, Phoenix, Okie, Casey, and Ellie the Galga; with Aggie, Alexa, Bear,Cody, Gianni V., Missy B, Babette, Bernice, and BooBoo at the Bridge

I am so sorry - that decision is never ever easy.. but is the best gift we can give our fur-babies when it is "time" - and you will know best when that is.

Whatever the timing winds up being, we are keeping you and yours in our hearts.

FL

The decision none of us ever want to have to make, and the second guessing is what we do.

You are in my thoughts and my prayers.

Please try to remember, a decision made out of love is never a wrong decision

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest Energy11

Sounds like you are doing the right thing for him. This is NEVER easy, but as everyone else has said, just follow your heart and your instincts. Look in his eyes, ...

Sooo sorry you and he are going through this, but as you mentioned, you have tried everything. Our thoughts and prayers are with you! Dee and The Five ... lots of LOVE, too!

Just hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Tara, I'm so sorry. Know your decision is the rigth one for Cougar. He's fought this thing as far as he is able. Sending hugs and prayers.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest PhillyPups

Tara,

I am so sorry you are facing this. I feel the one thing we can give them is letting them go with dignity. We are here with you, not to judge you, but to walk by your side and hold your hand as you trudge this most painful part of your journey. I believe we take their pain and carry it in our hearts forever.

:bighug to you.

Yup,walked in your shoes, recently. I was going to be his savior. My issue after my decision was did I wait too long After laying on the floor for several days with him I saw his light go away and He was needing my help. Only you and your doctor will know.Their hurt ends and our's begins. Time will help,precious memories will get you through.

I am sorry

:bighug

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021