Tuesday May Be The Day

Guest TaraCoachCougar

Guest Energy11

WOWEE!!!!! This IS GOOD NEWS!

What a greyt menu, Mr. Cougs! :-))) Sending you all lots of love, many hugs, and tons of prayers! Dee and The Five colgate.gif

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad he let you know it's not time yet. Continue to cherish each moment. :grouphug

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

It appears Tuesday will NOT be the day!

:):):):):)

Eating like a horse and feeling good enough to get up and even turn a circle in his crate when I was going over to let him out. That has been an issue for him the last several days. Do I dare dream to get a tail wag again?

Cougar says Mayfield Snow Cream ice cream is the BEST!!! But, Gerber baby food meat sticks are giving them a run for their money. All that on top of kibble and yogurt and applesause and milkbones...

ETA I almost forgot to share one of the best parts. At 4:45am, instead of just flicking his tail to poop on his disposable puppy pad while laying down, he got me up to take him outside for poops and pees!!!

Hugs to Cougar. I'm glad he had a good day, may there be many more.

gallery_17374_2906_4494.jpg
Beverly. Missing my happy toy-flinging boy Sammy (Where's Mandrill), (8/12/2009-9/30-2021) Desperately missing my angel Mandy (BB's Luv) [7/1/2000 - 9/18/2012]. Always missing Meg the Dalmatian and Ralph Malph the Pekeapoo.

Praying for sunny days, good appetites and wagging tails. Sending thoughts of love and support to you both.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Keeping you close in my heart. I know what this is like. Enjoy the good days and give him a kiss for me.

:grouphug

2 Hounds Design Martingale Collars | 2 Hounds Design Facebook Page

2HDgtSiggy2-2_zpsebfc14a9.jpg
Alisha, Bob, Livvie (the 2.5 year old!) plus Mia Bella, Tippy, + Wahoo and Diesel the crazy kitties (and missing sweet Iceman, Paradise, Bandit, Cujo & Sebastian) in Indian Trail, NC

Guest SkipperAnnie

I'm thinking Tuesday may be the day. Mobility is almost down to zero. We also have very white gums now, too. I've just got to make sure I'm doing it for him and not to ease a burden on me. I've got to convince myself it's not too soon yet. He only gets up now with help from me unless he is in his crate where he can roll back against the wall. I've had to carry him up the steps several times the last couple of days. He barely has the strength to stand long enough to poop and pee. He has fallen going up the steps. I think we have something going on with a front leg now, too. It has given out twice on the steps and he has gone down chest first on the way up. He eats his meals and drinks his water in bed. I'm not sure if our biggest issue now is cancer, LS or just overall loss of almost all muscle tone. Although he is eating well, he just looks so pitiful. It's all just too much of a struggle for him. I don't think anyone can say I haven't tried. He's done surgery and chemo, been to the vet for corn removal almost every three weeks for the last 2 or 3 years, had the depo-medral shot and been to the chiropractor. I've done the best I could do for him for the last 10 years, but I'm afraid I can't do anything more. I know he has been living on borrowed time since June, but it sill hurts.

This is the same week we let Coach go last year.

:weep

I'm so sorry for what you are going through...his condition sounds very similar to my Annie's - and I was holding her while she did her business, helped her up/walk/down and all that goes with that...she went to the rainbow bridge 8 days ago...it sounds like you have been the most kind and selfless person for a very long time. You'll know when he doesn't look you in the eye anymore and has lost that inner light...you'll know. I'm so sorry for what you're going through...

My heart and prayers are with you. I know how much it hurts. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

So sorry you are going through this.....it hurts I know...praying Cougar has more 'better days'.

Maybe keep a daily log as a visual aid to see if bad days outweigh the good, which may help you come to terms in making any decisions.......

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

Guest happygrey

:):):):):)

Eating like a horse and feeling good enough to get up and even turn a circle in his crate when I was going over to let him out. That has been an issue for him the last several days. Do I dare dream to get a tail wag again?

Cougar says Mayfield Snow Cream ice cream is the BEST!!! But, Gerber baby food meat sticks are giving them a run for their money. All that on top of kibble and yogurt and applesause and milkbones...

ETA I almost forgot to share one of the best parts. At 4:45am, instead of just flicking his tail to poop on his disposable puppy pad while laying down, he got me up to take him outside for poops and pees!!!

Hoping you both have many more great days...

Sending you what comfort and sympathy I can. It's hard sometimes, loving someone so much but with such a shorter life than ours. But I think the joy that we share definitely makes the loss at the end bearable.

Hoping he has more good days ahead. I'm sure he knows how much love he has, and that you want to do what is right by him.

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Hoping you both have many more great days...

This makes me smile Tara. Treasure these times.

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.