I Have Sad News...

DaisyDoodle

My mom's struggle with dementia is over. She passed away early Thursday morning after breaking her hip last Saturday. I was able to hold her in my arms as she took her last breaths. I am so terribly sad that she is gone, but also grateful that her battle with the horrible affliction that is Alzheimer's is complete. She fought to keep going 'til the very end.

Yesterday, we were at the funeral home tending to details, and talk turned to greyhound adoption between DH and the owner's son (who is interested in adopting), while I was in with my mom's own hairdresser, who was doing mom's hair. The owner's son told DH that the gentleman who was laid out in the room where my mom would be today was a greyhound trainer. They asked us to bring Daisy into the viewing so they could take pictures in front of the casket. I felt so good to be able to help this family and to see how moved they were to be able to interact with a greyhound on such a sad day.

So, today, please say a prayer and ask your bridge angels to roo a warm welcome to my mom, Gladys Barre, and Mr. Walter Mitz, who had the 1974 S Dakota Juvenile Stakes Race winner (among many others I'm sure) to his credit.

Please visit AuclairFuneralHome.com for both obituaries.

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so very sorry for your loss of your mother and for the family of Mr. Mitz.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm so very sorry. :grouphug

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest AmberGusDad

My mom's struggle with dementia is over.

Donna, I am so terribly sorry.

I lost my Mom from dementia, a cruel disease.

Please be well....

Donna, I'm so sorry. I lost my grandma to dementia. It's truly an awful disease. Take care. flowers_red.gif

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

I am so sorry for the loss of your mom. I am a member of that club too and it sucks.

RIP Gladys Barre & Mr. Mitz :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Godspeed her, and may God comfort you and all who love her.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

Donna,

I am so so sorry you lost your mom. I lost my mom not long ago to the same terrible disease.

And although it is a blessing for them, we are left behind to hurt and miss them and who they used to be.

I am so glad to hear that you were with her at the end.

May all our Angels take care of and welcome her. You're in my thoughts and my prayers.

Claudia

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless