Rip Maris & Yogi 12/27/2009

Guest goofydog

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am overwhelmed by sadness at the tragic loss of these precious hounds. I send all of my heart and prayers to their family and hope that healing will begin when the time is right.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Guest wdlndgreasil

I'm so sorry for your loss - I can't even imagine your pain.

The bright side is that the owner of the pit bulls appears to be taking personal responsibility [which IMO is a rarity these days]. Hopefully it will all work out. It's sad his dogs will be put down too, but it's nice to he's realising what his dogs did and isn't trying to protect them. An additional donation to SEGA would be nice as well, since the cost of vetting 2 dogs and getting them ready for adoption is more than the cost of the adoption fee.

I know none of this takes away your pain [or anger], but at least the owner is stepping up.

I just don't have the words to say how very sorry I am about what has happened to these sweet babies and their mom. :weep

:grouphug:f_pink:grouphug

Donna

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

I can't begin to imagine the pain and shock and devastating sadness of such a tragic loss.

Sending prayers to Maris and Yogi's Mom for strength during this horrible time.

Precious babies.....I'm so, so sorry.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest nerak254

Two SEGA hounds that were having their afternoon (leashed) walk yesterday were attacked and killed by two pit bulls that were let out of a house unleashed by the pet sitter. Their owner is obviously devastated by their deaths and is staying with friends until she can come to grips with what happened.

She has a police report, AC was contacted and it appears they have had other reports of these dogs being loose.

Please say a prayer for Maris, Yogi and their mom.

I am so sorry. I am praying for them all.

Guest VelvetEars

I do feel bad for the pits' owner, though. He probably thought he had hired a responsible sitter, he clearly explained his expectations to her, and yet she chose to disregard the parameters she had agreed to. And now, he's going to lose his pets, be financially responsible for the sitter's carelessness, and has to live w/ knowing that his dogs killed two greyhounds. if it were me, i'd be going after the pet sitter.

Iam so sorry. This is a tragic event, but at least the pit bull owner has taken responsibility. There are no winners here, just four dogs losing their lives and two devastated owners. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Guest KennelMom

What a terrible and avoidable tragedy. How devastating for both owners. Having seen all that went into saving a greyhound's life who was recently on death row for killing another dog, it's sad that these two dogs will have to pay the ultimate price for the pet sitter's negligence. Perhaps the owner has been through other aggressive incidents and this was just the culmination....

:cry1 The entire thing is heartbreaking no matter how you cut it. And the pet sitter sounds like a complete twit who shouldn't be sitting hamsters, much less dogs.

Edited by KennelMom

Just seeing this Toni. How awful. I hope AC does something useful.

My heartfelt condolences to the hounds mom - a horrific thing to witness, and a tragic loss. RIP sweet babies.

ETA: Good the owner is taking responsibility. Sounds like he knew the dogs were an accident waiting to happen.

Edited by Rickiesmom

I was in tears this morning reading this. What a tragic thing to happen to two sweet innocent greyhounds.

I’m so, so sorry you had to go through this. I can only imagine the horror and the helplessness you felt when your poor babies were being attacked.

Rest in peace Maris and Yogi … you did not deserve to have this happen to you!

gus-rainy-1.jpg?1449508527184&1449508632
CORY and CRICKET - Solitary Tremble & CASPER - Pj's Mia Farrow
* With CAPT. GUS - Solitary Trigger, RAINY - Peach Rain, PUP - Red Zepher, DOC - CTW Fort Sumpter
and MAX - Shiowa's Silver Maxamillion / Afghan .... all waiting at the bridge

What a devastating story! My worst nightmare. I’m so very sorry for your tragic loss.

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Guest Bang_o_rama

The owner of ANY breed who allows it to wander unleashed should be subject to legal penalties sufficient to deter such irresponsible behavior. I consider leasing our Bang to be both for her own protection AND that of other animals that we meet. Although Bang has never shown any sign of attacking another animal (I don't consider her guarding her crate from another dog to be an attack), we are also aware that she has large sharp teeth.

Run free, sweet houndies....

~D~

Edited by Bang_o_rama