Bailey

greytpups

I've not been able to write a proper tribute for Bailey, however, I sent this to a friend so it will substitute as my tribute for now. I also made a video tribute Bailey until I can find the words.

Bailey-DuckBeachOct-09.jpg

Bailey had been throwing up off and on so 2 weeks ago I took her to our vet. X-rays were clear so we got some meds for her which seemed to work for a couple of days. We thought we were dealing with allergies or IBD. She started to throw up again so I took her back the vet last Wed. for an ultrasound. She had large cancerous tumours in her stomach and cancer in her kidney. Dave and I went to the vet to have her put to sleep because she was in pain but our vet advised me not to because it was clear I was not ready. So we brought her home with more meds to make her comfortable. I had called in sick and stayed with her every moment, dispensing meds and feeding her yogurt…and we shared our last bit of ice cream together. We have shared ice cream every day for the last couple of years.

She seemed to rally a bit. She went for a walk with Dave and Ben and was keeping her yogurt down. She even followed me around a bit more which, of course, made me hopeful we could keep her around a bit longer. I called the vet to ensure what I was doing was ok. Unfortunately, by the time he called back she threw up again, and I knew deep in my heart I had to let her go.

What was so difficult was she was hungry, alert, and cuddly, however, she was also in pain. The most loving thing I could do at this point was let her go. She laid her head in the crook of my arm as I gently stroked her telling her not to be afraid, that I would always love her and she would be free from pain. She slipped away quietly and peacefully while my heart took on all the pain she was feeling and more.

I miss so many things about her, Saturday morning kisses, peeking her head around the corner of the kitchen (she was never fond of hardwood so she stayed on the edge of the carpet watching me), she would shyly approach me for kisses in the bathroom when I would hold out my arms to her. Once the toilet flushed she would turn around and leave. I miss her greetings and stuffy attacks when I get home from work, I miss her soft fur and gentle unconditional love. To say I am heartbroken beyond belief is an understatement. Thankfully we have Ben who has been a life-saver. I am just starting to be able to eat and sleep again and am slowly emerging from the depression that settled over me initially.

I love her more than words can say, she saved my life, she introduced me to a wonderful greyhound community, she brought out the best in me, and for that I am eternally grateful and will always love Bailey. But I am still in a lot of pain and miss her sooooooooooo much. She was my heart dog.

I've attached a pic that I created for my desk. It's something both of us loved to do and it reminds me of good times we shared as she trusted and followed me.

Thank you again for thinking of me during this most painful time. We always said that to honour Bailey we would adopt again because so many need homes…and Ben sure misses having a companion.Bailey

Edited by greytpups

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so very sorry for your loss of Bailey.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Thank you for the lovely video and for sharing Bailey generously with us. May your pain turn to the gentle reflections of her unconditional love.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Again, we are so sorry for your loss. The same terrible thing took our Brandy.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

Guest Energy11

Thank you for sharing your life with Bailey with us. You sound like I felt, when Bold Energy passed ... MY first greyhound, and the one my late husband, Bob, got for our anniversary ... The love you shared/still share with Bailey will never, ever be forgotten! God speed Baily, and God Bless you! Dee, John, Curfew, Goldie, Oakly, Staggerlee, and Cari. Bob, Energy, Dasher, and Max, who met Bailey at The Bridge.

:cry1 I'm so sorry. My heart hurts for you.

Cynthia, & Cristiano, galgo
Always in my heart: Frostman
Newdawn Frost, Keno Jet Action & Chloe (NGA racing name unknown), Irys (galgo), Hannah (weim), Cruz (galgo), & Carly CW Your Charming

Princess http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1018857

"It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life, gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are." -- Unknown

That was a beautiful tribute, it made my eyes water. I wish you some peace during this difficult time. Know that we all cherish each others pups and grieve along with you.

Kyle with Stewie ('Super C Ledoux, Super C Sampson x Sing It Blondie) and forever missing my three angels, Jack ('Roy Jack', Greys Flambeau x Miss Cobblepot) and Charlie ('CTR Midas Touch', Leo's Midas x Hallo Argentina) and Shelby ('Shari's Hooty', Flying Viper x Shari Carusi) running free across the bridge.

Gus an coinnich sinn a'rithist my boys and little girl.

I'm so very sorry!! :( :( :(:cry1 :cry1 she was truly a special angel! :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Thank you for sharing a beautiful tribute to Bailey. I've always loved her picture in your siggie and hope you don't change it anytime soon.

Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Guest IrskasMom

I am telling myself , what do you tell somebody who is in so much pain . There are no Words to take the Pain away , but be assured we feel and grieve with you. I am so truly sorry and send you some Comforting Hugs . RIP Bailey

:f_pink:grouphug:f_pink