Abby Could Use Some Prayers Tomorrow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Abby I know you will do so good!!!! And we will see the light shining off your teeth all the way in Texas!!!

Keep us posted Dee, you know the rules!

Will be thinking of your girl tomorrow :):goodluck

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--

sending prayers!!! :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Very good thoughts coming Abby's way from Spain...I wonder if it's not too often to put the hound under. Imagine,

neither my beloved Ivy (at the bridge since July) nor sweet Soldi have never, ever got their teeth cleaned by

a vet. I gave them a raw beef joint bone from time to time and that was it. Ivy never had wonderful brilliant teeth,

but they were healthy and O.K. Soldi has brilliant teeth without doing anything. I think putting a greyhound so often

under only for brilliant teeth is quite risky. Please don't understand my post as criticism...I only tell you my

opinion, but I admit, that these things scare me. Good luck for sweet Abby...I wish that everything goes well...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Thank you all for your thoughts & prayers. :)

I called the vet & Abby is doing fine & she can come home around 3:30.

Hey, Dee, after this cleaning, might ask your vet and vet tech about bringing her in once a month for light scaling/polishing while she's awake. Won't totally eliminate the problem but might prolong times between "serious" cleanings; removing any plaque deposited at the gumline helps keep more from building up there and causing soreness. We've done this for Zema. Funny thing is, Zema who is terrified of the vet will hold perfectly still for @ 20 minutes and let the tech get under the gumline etc., whereas Joseph who is delighted to see the vet will not hold still for love nor money nor food :lol .

Sending lots of prayers for tomorrow!

I'm sure she would act just like Joseph. :lol

Have you tried Petzlife Oral Care Gel or Spray? We brush our girl's teeth with the gel and it does an absolutely amazing job of both removing and preventing tartar buildup and keeping her mouth healthy. We brush, but you can also just wipe it on her teeth, or just put it in her mouth, or even use the spray on type. It really does work!

Also, we have used CET Hextra Chews which seem to have been beneficial, too.

We'll be keeping your girl in our prayers and thoughts.

Good Luck.

I might give this a try. Thank you. :)

Very good thoughts coming Abby's way from Spain...I wonder if it's not too often to put the hound under. Imagine,

neither my beloved Ivy (at the bridge since July) nor sweet Soldi have never, ever got their teeth cleaned by

a vet. I gave them a raw beef joint bone from time to time and that was it. Ivy never had wonderful brilliant teeth,

but they were healthy and O.K. Soldi has brilliant teeth without doing anything. I think putting a greyhound so often

under only for brilliant teeth is quite risky. Please don't understand my post as criticism...I only tell you my

opinion, but I admit, that these things scare me. Good luck for sweet Abby...I wish that everything goes well...

Marion, I know what you mean, & I wouldn't put her under if it wasn't for her gums, they get so sore that she can't

eat & whenever she raises her lip to take a cookie from me or yawns, she yips. :( If she wasn't

in pain, I wouldn't have them cleaned, but I hate to see her in pain.

Mindy's teeth are not white, but her mouth doesn't get sore, she's

only had her teeth cleaned once in the 10 years that I've had her.

Guest boondog
Glad she is doing well!!!

Also might think of pulsing Antirobe first 5 days of each month. Works for a lot of greys.

Forgive my ignorance, Diane, but what is that? I'm so glad Abby is doing well.

edited because I can't spell...

Edited by boondog

Oh, I'm just seeing this (missed GT yesterday!). I'm glad she is doing well after the cleaning. You do worry, especially when they are that age. But you don't have much choice.

Bark when you get home, sweet girl. And show us those shining toofers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Marion, I know what you mean, & I wouldn't put her under if it wasn't for her gums, they get so sore that she can't

eat & whenever she raises her lip to take a cookie from me or yawns, she yips. sad.gif If she wasn't

in pain, I wouldn't have them cleaned, but I hate to see her in pain.

Mindy's teeth are not white, but her mouth doesn't get sore, she's

only had her teeth cleaned once in the 10 years that I've had her.

Oh, I see...of course, if she's in pain and her gums swell or hurt, she must get alleviated, that's for sure.

I wish you all the best for her...she's so cute and one of the 'old guard' of GT...

--------------------------------------------

user posted imageuser posted image

Marion, Ivy & Soldi

Perseverance is not a long race...

it is many short races one after another.

Abby is a DOLL! Good thoughts and prayers going out and I know I am a little late in wishing this. Too bad you do not have a vet in town that does the cleaning w/o sedation. Our holistic vet brings a dental vet up from CA. once a month and does the cleaning w/o sedation (thank dog). Only $180 and it takes about 20 mins. All three of mine have had it done.

gallery_19161_3282_5037.jpg

QUOTE(Burpdog @ Dec 2 2009, 12:54 PM)

Glad she is doing well!!!

Also might think of pulsing Antirobe first 5 days of each month. Works for a lot of greys.

Forgive my ignorance, Diane, but what is that? I'm so glad Abby is doing well.

You give the appropriate dose of Antirobe (clindamyacin) for the first 5 days of every month, each month. It keep the bacteria down which in turns keeps the inflamation and infection in check.

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits

Glad things went well. Hope she's home and happy now. :)

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

That's a very good idea, Diane :)

Glad to hear that Abby is doing fine :)

Kristin in Moline, IL USA with Ozzie (MRL Crusin Clem), Clarice (Clarice McBones), Latte and Sage the IGs, and the kitties: Violet and Rose
Lovingly Remembered: Sutra (Fliowa Sutra) 12/02/97-10/12/10, Pinky (Pick Me) 04/20/03-11/19/12, Fritz (Fritz Fire) 02/05/01 - 05/20/13, Ace (Fantastic Ace) 02/05/01 - 07/05/13, and Carrie (Takin the Crumbs) 05/08/99 - 09/04/13.

A cure for cancer can't come soon enough.--