Raven

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest Tenderhearts

Raven passed peacefully today with me holding her and kissing her silky soft ear. She was with me 8 1/2 years of her 16 1/2 years.

She gave me so much more than I could ever have given to her.

She taught me resiliency and how to defy the odds. Despite being given substandard care by my oldest daughter for 8 years, I think she knew she would end up in my home and my life full-time in the end.

She taught me that a dog's heart has more love than any of us can comprehend. When she was laying down, I would rub her neck and ears, and she would literally take one front paw and hook it over my arm as if to say, "I love you."

She taught me that even old golden oldies can take pleasure in things like wading in the river on a hot summer day. Whipped cream can be a big hit on a sweet 16th birthday.

She taught me the value of a good long snooze when necessary! It's okay to slow down, rest, and let the rest of the world go by.

She taught me to never take life too seriously. The picture of her and Lori Ann begging for nutty bars, Raven's expression never changing despite her mood, will always make my heart laugh!

She taught me to savor every moment God gives us. Being the oldest and slowest eater in the house, she would literally drive the other dogs nuts as she took the time to taste her food. Then she would procede to lick her bowl for another five minutes as they looked on longingly! I often thought I should be standing beside her with a soft towel and finger bowl.

She taught me that love knows no bounds. My crockpot worked overtime making Issac's stew for her when she started losing weight. I lifted her into bed with me every night, and we faced each other as I stroked her face while she fell asleep. My mopped worked overtime because of the heart medications, and little old ladies don't get to the back door very fast.

She will always be in my heart.

raven-n-me.jpg

8705riveramberravenrun.jpg

nuttybarbeggars.jpg

022407beth.jpg

bday-raven.jpg

bugravensissy.jpg

raven-new-kimono-1.jpg

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was beautiful...I'm sorry

Elphie, Kulee, Amanda, Harmony, Alex (hound mix), Phantom, Norbet, Willis (dsh), Autumn (Siamese) & Max (OSH) & mama rat, LaLa & baby Poppy! My bridge kids: Crooke & Mouse (always in my heart), Flake, Buzz, Snake, Prince (GSD), Justin & Gentry (Siamese), Belle (Aussie/Dalmatian mix), Rupert (amstaff) and Fred, Sirius, Severus, Albus, George, Hagrid, Hermione, Minerva, Marilyn, Wren, Molly, Luna, Tonks, Fleur, Ginny, Neville, Bill, Percy, Rose & Charlie (rats)

I am sorry. What a lovely tribute for a lovely gal.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm sorry that Raven was called to The Bridge :grouphug

Any time I think of her, I get a vision of that picture - the one with her 'not amused' face on (as posted above) and it always raises a smile :wub: Raven will be missed :grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I am so sorry.

Godspeed, sweet Raven.

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

Bless her heart...I am so sorry. She was a beautiful girl. :grouphug

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Oh Devon- how lucky she had you to love her.

I am so sorry. :(

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project