James Dean J. D. 11/93-11/09

GreyTzu

We made the heart-breaking decision to send our Shih Tzu JD to the bridge tonight.

804HalfJames.jpg

He was such a lovable little imp who had such a deep bark and he truly loved everyone who crossed his path. He and Kevin bonded when Kevin and I started living in sin together 12 years ago. His nickname was "The Pit Tzu" because he would burrow into Kevin's arm pit and just gaze lovingly up at him. JD would glare at me when I climbed into bed and interrupted their bonding sessions.

pic023-1.jpg

Together we worked through a neck injury with him. Our traditional Vet really thought he would not survive. However, we found a holistic Vet and with chiropractics and acupuncture, we nursed him though the injury and he recovered perfectly.

pic026.jpg

jd-12-06.jpg

Our next hurdle was high-blood pressure and an eye injury. He lost the eye and we managed the blood pressure with meds. JD did very well for several years being the One-Eyed Wonder Dog.

0a8cff4a.jpg

The past few months though he has been slipping into the fugue of age and illness. He has not been leaving his snuggle bear and has not been eating much. We also knew that if his remaining eye became compromised, we would have to make the decision. Sometime over the weekend while we were on vacation, his eye became inflamed and our pet sitter, who is also a Vet Tech., managed it well with pain meds and antibiotics. Sadly tonight the eye ruptured. We sent him on to the bridge to join our Dixie, Dancer and Dylan until we all meet again.

IMG_4375.jpg

610b9332.jpg

97ed8ed3.jpg

cd27970c.jpg

IMG_5690.jpg

Wendy and The Whole Wherd. American by birth, Southern by choice.
"Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!"
****OxyFresh Vendor ID is 180672239.****

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wendie and Kevin, I'm so sorry. I know he will be missed by his buddies both large and small. :grouphug

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry Wendy. I know it must have been very hard for you and Kevin to say goodbye your precious boy.

L.

large.rycezmom_Sig.jpg.c7b7915d082b1bb35
The more I see of man, the more I like dogs. ~Mme. de Staël
Missing my Bridge Angels Ryce, Bo, Jim, Miss Millie, Miss Rose, Gustopher P Jones (Pimpmaster G), Miss Isabella and Miss Star

Farewell little JD.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Wendy my heart breaks for you and Kevin. I'm so sorry........

My sweet angel Tanner-"Showoffs Magic" 79D-82695. DOB 7/22/99. Gotcha Day 6/20/05. Bridge Day 3/11/10. Big Beautiful Brave Angel Norm-"Showoffs Storm" 89B-83263. DOB 8/16/99. Gotcha Day 3/24/06. Bridge Day 4/20/13. Angel Girl Bree-"Breezy Betty" 201A-93631. DOB 2/05/01. Gotcha Day 5/11/10. Bridge Day 10/07/11. She reached the beach.... Maci-"CF's Owhatanite" 44H-29320. DOB 10/05/04. Gotcha Day 10/11/11. Greta-"Greta's Milam" 90B-54582. DOB 9/17/10. Gotcha Day 11/30/12. Bridge Day 03/30/17. Ben-"P Kay Key Train" 63A-61271. DOB 6/2/13. Gotcha Day 12/26/15.

I'm so very sorry for your loss Wendy. What a blessing to have had such a precious baby in your life. Godspeed JD.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Downtownhoundz

Looks like November is gonna be one of those months where the bridge is being crossed over many times . I'm so terribly sorry for your loss.... :grouphug

:bighug

Always hard to say goodbye...

gallery_4518_2903_10272.jpg
Donna and...Lucy and Chubb
Rascal H 10/1/91-5/22/04 My best friend and Bounty Boon 1/23/99-6/25/07 My boy with the biggest heart
Cody 7/28/99-8/1/13 My boy that always made me laugh and Dylan 5/12/04-12/29/2017 The sweetest boy ever

Miss Mollie 1/1/99-1/30/15 and Pixie :heart:heart-10/10/2017 Lincoln :heart-2/14/2021