Poor Peanut, Off To The Vet

Peanut just ran into the house, bumped her leg on the frame to the sliding door. Wouldn't put ther foot down. I finally got her foot flat and glanced at her leg - 2" gash at the side of her knee,plus a few smaller abrassions. Nice bruise on the inside of her knee developing too. rolleyes.gif Luckily it is barely bleeding, as I can't get a bandage to stay put. Hading over in about 20 min so that Miki can take a look to see what needs to be done. Likely stitches or glue since I can see inside if I lift the fur.

Think good thoughts for my monkey girl. She was just at the vet's yesterday for her checkup, which was fabulous by the way.

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Peanut! Yu milk dis fur all its wurf, gurl!!! Ise kweem wiff moosheez on top at da berree leest!

I hope yuz leg feelz more bedder soon!

Dude :D

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Poor sweetie. I hope it heals quickly and well.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Kisses for Peanutty Janet.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

:grouphug to you Janet - and :kiss2 to Peanut to make her all better.

We will be watching for news.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Home again with two shaved patches. 2 stitches in the lower injury and she has a couple of nasty abrassions above that. Miki cleaned it all up put in dissolvable stitches and told Peanut not to eat them. :rolleyes: My vet knows my girl. :D

She has a nasty bruise on the inside of her leg, so we'll put some arnica gel on that. I'll also give her some traumeel and metacam tonight, I suspect by tomorrow she'll be fine.

I am getting her muzzle ready to prevent the stitch removal. She proved that she won't leave it alone last time. ;)

Poor Peanut.

Get well soon girlie.

By the way, say Hi to Miki. We were there yesterday with my two.

So were we, sorry we missed you.

She sure did a good job, she has a big old bruise on the flip side of that leg.

blue024.jpg

Edited by foxysmom

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.