Grace (batwoman)

Guest lgmaddox

Guest lgmaddox

I lost my best friend yesterday. I am new to the forum and didn't really have the time to introduce her.

She had had lumbar stenosis almost 2 years, but this weekend she became very ill. The vets who saw her believed she also had stomach cancer, which I never suspected, nor did any vet who'd seen her.

She was sweet, demure, well behaved, graceful, and dignified. I loved her dearly, and the grief has been shattering.

I will miss her and love her forever.

My mom, who owns poodles, sent me this poem:

A Hopi Prayer

Do not stand at my grave and weep

I am not there

I do not sleep

I am a thousand winds that blow

I am the diamond glints on snow

I am the sunlight on ripened grain

I am the gentle autumn rain

When you awaken in the morning hush

I am the swift uplifting rush

of quiet birds in circled flight

I am the soft stars that shine at night

Do not stand at my grave and cry

I am not there

I did not die

For everything beautiful you see

will bring you memories of me

My spirit is alive

I can't upload a picture, they're all too big. She was a grey-faced brindle, about 52lbs, big sad brown cow eyes. She was beautiful to everyone who met her.

My heart breaks.

My sympathies to all experiencing their loss.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovemyhounds

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious Grace. Thanks for sharing this prayer. Having read it, may the beautiful, everyday things in life bring us all wonderful memories of those we have loved. Through tears I read about your Grace and the Hopi prayer but then I walked outside, looked up at the stars and I smiled. Grace sounds like a beautiful little girl and again, I am very sorry that you lost your best friend.

I am so very sorry for your loss. That poem is so nice and does bring comfort. It is hard that the greatest gift that we can give to our wonderful pups is also the gift that causes us the most pain. May you find peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

I'm sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Grace.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss. She must have been a very special girl.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Grace.

:grouphug:f_pink

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I am so sorry for your loss. Grace was a lucky girl to be so well loved. That prayer is beautiful & I hope it helps you come to terms with Grace's passing. Godspeed Grace! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis