Mr. Toby Is Doing Very Poorly

Guest Tenderhearts

Guest SakiMom

I am so sorry the news isn't better, you all don't need this at this time! Hugs to you all, just know we are all thinking and praying for you!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sorry to see this. Please tell Mr. Toby that I've been told on the very best authority that there are lovely deep holes to lie in at the Bridge, when that time comes, and no pain.

Hugs to you both from Auntee Patsee

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

aw crap :( :( :( :(

I'm so sorry!!!! :( :( :( :(

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest Tenderhearts

I've got to go in and talk to the vet this afternoon. Amber said she was going to prescribe some meds to make him more comfortable for what time he has left.

At this point he's getting whatever he wants to eat, which is the shredded turkey from the deli. He also took his regular meds in a bit of canned food. He's kept it down.

Shiloh keeps smelling him, and that just tears my heart up. She knew when Bart wasn't going to make it, and laid beside him for hours. She was inconsolable when he passed away. :cry1

This is so damned difficult. :(

I've got to go in and talk to the vet this afternoon. Amber said she was going to prescribe some meds to make him more comfortable for what time he has left.

At this point he's getting whatever he wants to eat, which is the shredded turkey from the deli. He also took his regular meds in a bit of canned food. He's kept it down.

Shiloh keeps smelling him, and that just tears my heart up. She knew when Bart wasn't going to make it, and laid beside him for hours. She was inconsolable when he passed away. :cry1

This is so damned difficult. :(

:cry1:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)

Guest Tenderhearts

I thought he was running a fever today so I made an appt this afternoon. Amber wanted to take him, so I went up to sit with the kids. The kids were so glad to see Toby, and the first place he went was under Cole's highchair where he knew he'd find tidbits.

He hasn't been going up there with her this year, but he stayed up there today after the vet appt.

Toby didn't have a fever, and the vet sent home metoclopramide for the nausea, and then I have epaktin powder to put on his food. The vet also said the deli turkey is good for him because it's high in protein, and he needs all the protein he can get. She's of the opinion that a kidney dog should get to eat whatever they want.

We're just going to cherish every moment we have with the little fellow.

I was thinking of you guys today. Glad to see Toby is hanging in there.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

continuing to send prayers, Devon :hope:bighug:hope:bighug

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway