Roeglin 2/6/2003 - 8/15/2009

Guest Ohiogreymom

I'm so sorry....those shy boys have a way, don't they? Reggie Boy.....there's no more pain now so run like the wind. Go find Lewis and show him the joys of strawberry whoppers!!!!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beautiful tribute for a beautiful hound. I am so sorry for your loss.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

What a wonderful tribute. Reggie was a very lucky boy to be put in your care, even for such a short time.

I'm so sorry you didn't have more time together.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm so sorry...what a lovely tribute.

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I am so sorry for the loss of a very special boy, Reggie.

Take comfort in knowing that he is at peace, pain free and running once again with the wind.

I do hate cancer.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

First My sympathy for your loss of Roeglin, Reggie. Second, I'm a vet and I'm faced with losses and devastated families often. But your story of Reggie really hit me. Truly, this is an amazing story of patieence, love and and the impact of the ones who need us the most. Reggie needed someone to show him trust, and unconditional love. He needed patience, and persistence. You did all of this. Don't doubt that his life wasn't enriched because of yourself. You gave your all. It's stories like these that I like to read about in animal magazines because it shows people that nothing is impossible. YOU made the difference in Roeglin's life. His life was short but it was filled with the important things. My condolences on your loss. thank you for sharing your story. Your tribute was inspiring.

You were so lucky to have found each other. I'm so sorry his time with you was so short :cry1

f_yellow:brokenheartDevonSympathy.jpg:brokenheartf_yellow

gallery_11362_3294_17365.png
"Hurricane Sandi" (Baurna to Run).

Forever missing my "Angel-With-A Crooked-Halo" Hailey, and "Mokkah" (Xpress Point) with all my heart.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." ~~Will Rogers

:( Your tribute has me in tears. I'm so sorry you lost Reggie so young and so soon after adopting him. We lost our Teddy (also 6 years old) to OS only 4 months after we adopted him and it was absolutely gut-wrenching. Still, Teddy's short time with us taught us some important lessons, as I'm sure Reggie has you, the most important of which was that EVERY DAY COUNTS. I am sure that Reggie would thank you if he could for every day of happiness you gave him.

RIP Reggie.

:grouphug

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

That tribute goes straight to the heart. :brokenheart What a wonderful memoir. Reggie would love that I know. I am so sorry. :weep

I know the happiness that both of you experienced on toe nail dremmel night and when he got his Boomerang tag is a joy that will forever be a part of you both. You ARE forever united now. f_yellow:gh_run

Edited by racindog