Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

Guest MnMDogs

Tracey - I kept hoping that she was going to be one who would last for years. I'm so sorry about the most recent news. I wish I had something more to say besides "I understand". But I don't :(

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MorganKonaAlex

I'm so sorry. After Alex was diagnosed with lung mets, we tried the Metronomic Protocol but had to abandon it when Alex went downhill quickly.

Guest VirginiaGreys

Tracey...I thought of you and Cosmo a LOT today..and was praying that you wouldn't get the news you did. I really was hoping that Cosmo would beat the cancer better than Dodge did. I know he was rooting for her from above and still is. Please know that I'm crying knowing that you are going through some of the same fears that I went through...and I'm praying that you still have lots of quality time with her. :hope :hope :hope

Oh Tracey, I'm so sorry. I too was hoping for better news. I will keep you all in my prayers.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

I am so sorry. :(

:grouphug

Rita, mom to Dakota (Dakotas Dream) & Wish (Kiowa Wish Wish) and my angels

Toby (Sol Marcus) and Robin (Greys Robin Hood)

Forever missing our beloved Robin and Toby

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." Anatole France

I hope Cosmo beats the infection and has lots of good time left. :goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I was hoping it was just a fluke. Lots of prayers and :grouphug coming your way.

Edited by fourofem

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

I don't have any experience with it but have read about Hypertrophic osteopathy. I'm so sorry Tracey.

I read about this last night but the vet didn't mention it today. I can't tell from what I've read if it would include fluid that comes and goes in the swelling. Most of the things I read spoke about the swelling being very hard, which Cosmo's is not. It was mostly gone when we were at the vet today but has come back tonight. Boy do I hope this is "just" an infection.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Prayers and good thoughts for Cosmo.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Tracey for you and Cosmo :grouphug I'm thinking of both of you. I know how very hard it is.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren