Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think our little girl is out of energy. We have a doctor's appointment tomorrow at 6pm. Her cough has gone away but the swelling in her feet hasn't, despite the lasix and cold paks we've been applying. She can't get up on her own any more. She's still alert and drinking and eating if I offer her the right thing in the right way (baby food out of the jar or out of a cup but not her dog dish even if I hold it for her) which is what makes this so tough. But she's weak. I have to put her on her feet so she can walk. Jason carries her up to bed at night and down in the morning. I took out her collar and leash to see if she wanted some fresh air just now. She struggled mightily but could not get up on her own. I got her to her feet, she walked to the front door, looked out and decided she didn't want to go out, something she has NEVER done. Coaxed her to the back door, thought she might like to go out in the yard to go potty. She looked, turned around, went back to the living room, took a drink of water and flopped down on her bed. To say this is heartbreaking and gut wrenching does not begin to cover it. Anyway, her appointment tomorrow was supposed to be for more xrays, but Dr. Matz has already said there's nothing else she can do. In my heart I think I know Cosmo's appointment tomorrow will be her last. I can't believe she didn't get more time than this.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest EmbersDad

i just saw your latest update and my heart goes out for you. it certainly sounds like her quality of life is dwindling. when ember began to cough, we did x rays, and her lungs were filled with tumors. dr ian said i could get another week or 2 with pallative care, but after watching my dad fade away in a drug haze, i didnt want to see that happen with ember. i understand what you and cosmo are going through, and i am there for you as are your greytalk friends. stay strong and pm me if you need to talk.

I wish there were words, there just isin't.

We will have the candle lit tomorrow, I am so so sorry Tracey. Cosmo fought with dignity and grace, and she tried so hard.

:candle

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest wmlcml6

Tracey and Jason, I am really sorry that time seems short right now. It sounds like Cosmo has given a valiant effort but this illness is so very heartless. I will pray for a miracle that Cosmo wakes up feeling really good tomorrow and for months/years to come.

If you have not already, please try to get some pictures of you with her. I don't know what I'd do without the pics Anne took of me with our Annie . Sometimes I cannot look at that album, but other days it brings me a smile and I feel closer to her.

Guest lynne893

I am really sorry to read this latest development. It sounds like you've done right by Cosmo for so long, and you're making the right judgment now, too.

They say you know in your heart when it's time.

Hugs and support. It will be hard and terribly sad. We are here for you.

Love,

Lynne

Guest Energy11

Sooo sorry to hear this, but you've done all the RIGHT things for your Cosmo!

Sending love, hugs, and a whole LOT of prayers your way, tonight, and of course, tomorrow.

Love and hugs from us! :wub::grouphug

I'm sorry. The choices are just never easy.

Mom to BridgeGreys~~STORM 07/99-02/08/11, VICKI 12/15/00-01/12/11, BAY 02/00-10/25/10 and CASHEW 10/99-2/23/10

and cats ~~ IRISH, MUMBLES, MUFFIN, TJ, PUNKIN and Bridge cats SARAH (07/29/97-07/07/06) and BRIE (04/11/96-01/22/12)

a very lively Whippet, OLIVIA and JAKE, the Iggy

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Tracey, Jason, Cosmo... thinking of you guys, today. I really hope whatever the outcome, it brings you all peace. I am so sorry for this unfortunate turn. :( She has been such a fighter.

:grouphug

We're here for you, no matter what.

Cosmo :cry1 :cry1 :cry1

You're in my thoughts... :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug:candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest PhillyPups

Tracey, Jason and Beautiful Cosmo -

I wish there were words and that words could bring miracles. Please wrap yourselves up in the cloak woven of love from your Grey Talk family for comfort as we will walk this journey with you :bighug

edited for typos in trying to type through tears

Edited by PhillyPups

I'm so sorry to read the latest update. I will be thinking of you and your girl tomorrow and praying for you both.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

Oh Tracey, my heart broke into a million pieces when I read your post. I so hoped and prayed that Cosmo would have many many more months with you and Jason. I will keep you all in my prayers. Tomorrow is the 1st anniversary of Emmy's passing so I fear it's going to be a very tough day for both of us. A huge hug to you, I know how devastated you are.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest Heehoo

I wish I had something positive to write but I don't. Gogh started limping on January 16th. He was staying at the boarding kennel at the adoption kennel while I was still recuperating. Vicki took him to the vet on Monday & he was diagnosed with osteo. I got him home on that Friday & took him to my vet on the following Monday, by then the knot on his leg was bigger & he had one lesion in his left lung. By the following Friday he was not putting any weight on it.

He ate like a little pig through the whole month, it was exactly one month when I let him go. He never coughed. I'm so sorry.