Cosmo - Keepin' On Keepin' On.

Not sure if this will help --- but my greyhound just went through a period of swelling for one of his rear legs. This occurred after we had been looking for the lost greyhound in our area. His paw and lower half of the leg swelled up to twice the size 4 days after we had been out walking. The vet and I concluded that when we were out looking he either "wrenched" his leg pretty good or that he stepped on something and as a result got an infection. He's was on antibiotics for 1 week and it had started to come down but, not yet normal so the antibiotics were extended for another week. His leg is almost down to normal size now.

It is possible that falling down the stairs may have caused some type of sprain and as a result swelling ....

Good luck this afternoon

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest jettcricket

When my baby girl, Cricket, had osteo towards the end she started developing fluid in the foot that she wasn't using....the fluid build-up came and went until finally she developed fluid in both legs. My vet explained either from non-use or from the cancer.

Prayers for your sweet baby.

Edited by jettcricket

Oh, Cosmo, precious girl, I'm praying that you're okay.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Oh Tracey and Cosmo, sending that sweet girl some good thoughts. I'm sorry to hear about this turn... she's a fighter, though. :grouphug

Would someone who knows more please comment on Hypertropic Osteopathy‏. We lost Dennis to Hypertropic Osteopathy‏. OSU had been warning us about it but it didn't really hit home as to what it was and was caused it until we saw it. I don't think the vets know about it or acknowledge it.

Vallerysiggy.jpg

Then God sent the Greyhound to live among man and remember. And when the Day comes,

God will call the Greyhound to give Testament, and God will pass judgment on man.

(Persian Proverb)

Guest MorganKonaAlex
Would someone who knows more please comment on Hypertropic Osteopathy‏. We lost Dennis to Hypertropic Osteopathy‏. OSU had been warning us about it but it didn't really hit home as to what it was and was caused it until we saw it. I don't think the vets know about it or acknowledge it.

I'm the one who posted the term, but I don't know much about it. I learned about it on Circle of Grey. Demon is my 3rd grey with osteo. in 5 years, It's something I tucked into my brain to watch out for and I believe it's a symptom of lung mets.

I'm hoping the swelling is from the fall she took last Thursday and not from the osteo or her heart.

Lasix is a good drug if the swelling's from fluid and not injury. :goodluck

Update in first post. :(

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

{{{{{{{{{{Tracey}}}}}}}}}}

I'm sorry you didn't have better news. Sending prayers that you can get the infection conquered and that it will be a long time yet before she knows her lungs have spots.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest trevdog

Not wat I was hoping for.....sending some prayers that the infection clears up...any chance those lesions might be an infection and not mets?

Hugs....

Oh Tracey :( I'm so sorry it's not good news.

You and Cosmo are in my thoughts daily. :grouphug :grouphug :grouohug

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day.