Foxy

HopeForHounds

I find myself amazed that it's been one year, yet it feels like yesterday.

fffc588fd4ee2835262ec082afaa8456.jpg

On October 6, 1999 we brought home our first greyhound, an almost 5 year old, 59 lb brindle girl Foxy, I'ma Foxy Dawg. If anyone had told me where that little girl would lead me I would never have believed them. Foxy ruled our home for 8 years and 10 months, so confidently and gently the poor boys never figured it out.

Foxy was our first greyhound and we didn't have a clue what an impact she would have one our lives. One that is firmly entrenched in the world of greyhounds.

Outside the house, Foxy was regal, serious, at attention. She had a job to do - get greyhounds adopted. At home that serious demeanor disappeared and we shared our lives with a happy, silly, shoe collector extraordinaire. She loved puppies, once she scared my son by picking up our neighbours 9 week old puppy by the head and taking her home. When that didn't work, she held her down and gave her a thorough tongue bath.

5740July_18_012.jpg

Foxy loved children, especially little ones. Crying infants got their tears cleaned (that usually stopped the crying too). She had a special bond with Kalia, her first grandbaby.

46fadb549c9b4ecfcecb14d44c53384d.jpg

My Diva Princess was fond of fine fashion; collars, necklaces, coats and sweaters. She was so happy on collar change day. :)

1838581.jpg

We found half siblings here on GT. Sisters; the Queen - BarbieJade, Hermione, Duchess, Martina her brother Eddie, all daughters and son of HB's Commander. She also adopted a GT sister LaceyLaine. Through Foxy I've made so many dear friends.

Her cancer led me to start Hope for Hounds, she kept me focused. Foxy beat cancer! She remained cancer free for 4 years.

I will be forever grateful to have shared her life for the 8 1/2 years, and for those four extra years we had in which she taught me about strength, patience and determination.

Foxy I'm keeping my promise! I will keep working to raise money for cancer research, to find better treatments, and ultmately find a cure.

I miss you pretty Diva Princess.

Please click on the picture below to share some of my favourite Foxy pictures. :wub:

th_kidsanddogs058.jpg

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Guest TaraCoachCougar

What a special girl!

I also think she looks a lot like my first greyhound Coach who we got back in 1999. Coachie didn't win her 5 week battle with osteo in February, but I sure am glad you're doing what you can for research. My second grey who has been with us since 2000 has currently been battling hemangiosarcoma since mid-June and it's caused feelings for Coach to resurface the last couple days along with worries for my boy.

Thanks for sharing your inspirational girl with us. Her pictures are gorgeous.

She was s obeautiful and so special Janet. We miss her with you.

gallery_7628_2929_17259.jpg

Susan, Jessie and Jordy NORTHERN SKY GREYHOUND ADOPTION ASSOCIATION

Jack, in my heart forever March 1999-Nov 21, 2008 My Dancing Queen Jilly with me always and forever Aug 12, 2003-Oct 15, 2010

Joshy I will love you always Aug 1, 2004-Feb 22,2013 Jonah my sweetheart May 2000 - Jan 2015

" You will never need to be alone again. I promise this. As your dog, I will sing this promise to you, and whisper it to you at night, every night, with my breath." Stanley Coren

Janet, what a marvelous loving tribute to Foxy. Thank you for sharing memories of your special girl with us. :grouphug

--Lucy

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest greymama002

What a special lady your Foxy was! The picture with the shoe collection just cracked me up! :lol:

You honor her memory so fittingly with the work you are doing to keep cancer from claiming other greys. :hope

What a beautiful written tribute to Foxy, Janet. Your living tribute to your special girl, Hope for Hounds, inspires all of us.

Deb, and da Croo
In my heart always, my Bridge Angels - Macavity, Tila the wannabe, Dexter, CDN Cold Snap (Candy), PC Herode Boy, WZ Moody, Poco Zinny, EM's Scully, Lonsome Billy, Lucas, Hurry Hannah, Daisy (Apache Blitz), Sadie (Kickapoo Kara), USS Maxi, Sam's Attaboy, Crystal Souza, Gifted Suzy, Zena, and Jetlag who never made it home.

http://www.northernskygreyhounds.com

Foxy sounds rather special, and so do you for doing all that you do for cancer research :grouphug .

SunnySophiePegsdon.jpg

When a relationship of love is disrupted, the relationship does not cease. The love continues; therefore, the relationship continues. The work of grief is to reconcile and redeem life to a different love relationship. ~ W Scott Lineberry

Always Greyhounds Home Boarding and Greyhounds With Love House Sitting

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful girlie. Well done Janet.

Hugs,

Carol Ann

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Guest 3greysinPA

That was just beautiful... hugs to you ... Foxy = Beauty = Love... :wub:

Loved the pics of Foxy and the kids... too sweet.. just priceless. :grouphug:grouphugf_yellowf_yellow

:grouphug:grouphug

Here's Miss Greta's tribute to Miss Foxy, wearing her very special collar :kiss2 thank you Auntie Janet

P1040026.jpg

Donna, Miss Great always makes me smile. I'm so honoured every time I see her wearing that collar. She is gorgeous. I'll be seeing her in a few months right?

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

:grouphug:grouphug

Here's Miss Greta's tribute to Miss Foxy, wearing her very special collar :kiss2 thank you Auntie Janet

P1040026.jpg

Donna, Miss Great always makes me smile. I'm so honoured every time I see her wearing that collar. She is gorgeous. I'll be seeing her in a few months right?

That you will :)

Looking forward to it!

Guest myIrishlass

Thank you for sharing your memories of your special girl. So touching, and made me go and hug my Poppi and spoil her some more.

Your remembrance made me smile. Inspirational girl, with an inspired momma.

Sweet dreams, Foxy baby.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ss556

Janet, what a sweet, precious, special girl. Her pictures are beautiful. As much as it never seems like it was long enough, at least we both had our special one for 8 1/2 years. I'm sure Miz Foxy knows you are doing your work for cancer research.

:grouphug:f_pink

Guest caiteag

With our sad week here, I haven't really been able to write would I would like to honour Miss Foxy... she holds an incredibly special place in my heart and I truly miss her. I wish I could say more, but tears are so close to the surface right now.. if I started, I wouldn't stop.. probably for hours...

I love you, Miss Foxy.

Auntie Cara-Lea