Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tomorrow, the 28th is his 5th birthday! What a great birthday present, to be with Holly & the gang on your birthday!!! Pictures Holly!!!!!

Guest GentleHugs

Well, gosh darnit.... I was really hoping and praying for a negative report but.... better he gets his treatment to get rid of every single last one of those nasty things before he moves on to the next phase in his life. He's in good hands.

Well, since tomorrow is his 5th birthday - HAPPY BIRTHDAY SMILEY! :b-day

We love you! :kiss2

sorry Hilda and Holly.... we will keep up the daily prayers from here. :bighug

Rats!!!

I'm so sorry Hilda. I'm hoping you get your birfday Valentine.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest TheUnrulyHound

I already have plans to go pick out a cake for him :) Just like Outlaw and Stepper had, it wil be HIS day tomorrow! We will see what the next plan of action is, another round of treatment or more wating for the worms to dissolve and/or die off.... not sure which it is at this point though I would figure that they are all dead, they may just be hanging around.... he must have had a heavy burden

Smiley will be the only foster I have ever had to have a birthday with me!!! It is gonna be fun!

next round he will be OK.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well, Smiley is still positive for heartworms..... We had him retested on the 28th of December. GALT will wait until February 15th to retest him, that will be the 6 month mark since his last injection which was on the 12th of August. If he is still positive at that time GALT will do another round of shots to treat him again.

We need all the prayers we can get for this sweet boy so that he doesn't have to go thru the uncomfortable shots again!!

As for Smiley himself, you can not tell him he is sick, he acts just fine! He is still (of course) being handwalked and kept very calm while he is here and testing positive. He is the sweetest thing. I can not believe he has been here since early July!!

Here are some long overdue pics of him at Christmas time, we gave him a present to open but he wanted nothing to do with it! he is not much into stuffies. He is a more laid back dignified boy!

DSC_02462.jpg

DSCN14452.jpg

I am so Sorry, but we will pray even harder!!!!! :getwell:hope:hope

What a cutie and I see he is wearing the bandana we sent to him! Love the Picture! :wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TheUnrulyHound

What a cutie and I see he is wearing the bandana we sent to him! Love the Picture! :wub::wub:

yes and he enjoyed wearing it too! He ignored the toys you sent (everyone else loved them though!!!) but he got very excited to wear the bandanna :lol

yes and he enjoyed wearing it too! He ignored the toys you sent (everyone else loved them though!!!) but he got very excited to wear the bandanna :lol

He says forget the silly toys!!!! I would rather look and feel like a very handsome fella!!!! :lol:wub: Give him a squeeeezzzee for us!!!! :wub::wub::kiss2

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TheUnrulyHound

He says forget the silly toys!!!! I would rather look and feel like a very handsome fella!!!! :lol:wub: Give him a squeeeezzzee for us!!!! :wub::wub::kiss2

Oh he reminded me just now to tell you how much he loved the treats too!!!! Thankyou Darlene :kiss2 He is so spoiled! He will be rotten by the time he gets to Hildas!

Precious pictures. Prayers for Smiley to test negative. What a Valentine's Day gift to be able to get to his forever home with Hilda and crew.

scootersig_A4.jpg

Pam with greys Avril, Dalton & Zeus & Diddy the dachshund & Miss Buzz the kitty

Devotion, Jingle Bells, Rocky, Hans, Harbor, Lennon, NoLa, Scooter, Naomi and Scout at the bridge

That will be a greyt birthday present for me. I hate that he is going through all of this, but I'm super thankful that he's living with Holly. 

I can wait forever for Smiley...

What a doll he is :wub: . Please go away, rotten nasty heartworms!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest PhillyPups

Dang, I was hoping Smiley would test negative and be heading to Tennessee, guess he heard the weather report and wants it to warm up a bit. :lol

:hope for a negative test in Feb and he can go to his forever home and continue his spoiling. :hope

Wow, those suckers must be holding their breath or something. Hoping that this is IT! last time around.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project