Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Wow, I didn't realize the secret was out! I think that was one of the longest to keep! Congratulations on receiving the "official" word!

Its really been a trying time keeping this a secret! I figured someone would get suspicious since I kept asking about him & asking for updates, but no one did. I finally told Cynde (my BFF) last week. It took her a day to let it sink in, then she was going through collars for him. His color is going to be yellow. All my black greys have had a signature color...Bool was orange. Back then we didn't have fancy martingales we had the premier martingales. Then Dear had red/wine...Judy helped me pick out my first 1 1/2" red martingale collar at the Showcase of Dogs. Goghbaby was purple. Gogh's purple suede collar is in his special box.

Smiley/Happy Faces are always yellow & black...so Smiley's color is going to be yellow. Holly is already putting together an ensemble of a Smiley face collar & leash to come home with him.

I'm very excited. I've waited since July...I can wait longer if I have too. Thank you everyone for your congratulations. :)

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I will make a sacrifice and eat Shannon's share of the shrimp. That's what friends do you know

Shannon & Claudia, I'm half way through my bowl of shrimp...this one's for Shannon....this one's for Claudia. THIS one's for Shannon....THIS one's for Claudia. Claudia's here's yours!!! Shannon here's yours....They're very yummy.

You enjoy those shrimp because if I see another one too soon I'll get sick!

And save some for Smiley, I bet he loves them. LLenny does

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest IrskasMom
Congratulations Hilda!

I can't wait for the big homecoming. :)

ETA: He's very very cute.

Hilda .... that's awsome :confetti:confetti:confetti I can't wait either for the Homecoming .

Thank you! I'm not sure when the home coming will be. All of that is still in the air because of his testing positive...then I'm hoping they'll wait a little for his neuter because his heart maybe alittle weak because of the worms. I trust GALT's vet to know what he's doing, but every mom worries. :beatheart

• 2 weeks later...
Hey...how's my handsome black doggie dog!

Wondering how Auntie HeeHoo's black doggie dog is doing too. Has the date been set for his re-test yet?

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I think its this week! I'm excited. He's already gotten his first Hurricane Houndesigns collar & Holly emailed me today to get orders for his Smiley face collars. Yesterday at the meet/greet everyone was excited when I announced he'd be there in January as the only black greyhound since everyone but Sylvie & Richie are the brindle ones.

So he'll have a large collections of Unruly Hounds & Hurricane Hounds collars and its really funny too...he could be a spoke doggie for Unruly Hounds...he's got the great Unruly in his pedigree 3 times.

Edited by Heehoo

Guest TheUnrulyHound
he could be a spoke doggie for Unruly Hounds...he's got the great Unruly in his pedigree 3 times.

:yay:yay:yay

mhfgimage-1251473560.jpg

lookie see... he is up there in my logo ;) (the black and white one is modeled after a specific foster that came thru here too, Daddy Duke)

He is doing great! He is so well mannered he may just stay here ;) Sometime this week is what I am estimating for his second retest and I sure hope that it is negative!!! We took a new foster on the 31st (his thread is coming soon) so we are running out of floor room :rotfl Smiley is a dream dog, he has some anxiety when we leave the house, he is crated, but I think he will do fantastic without the crate. We crate fosters for the safety of all the hounds :) I can't wait to see him run finally! And for him to lose those boy hangy things too :rolleyes: but he is no marker, and he is 100% housebroken! He is such a good boy.

We will for sure miss him :beatheart

Fingers crossed, fingers crossed .........

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

sending prayers and crossing my fingies too for this handsome big black boy!!! :hope :hope :hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Okay Smiley, think "negative" thoughts young man so you can come home to your mom, she's anxious to get you. I'll keep thinking those "negative" thoughts also. Probably one of the few times in life thinking "negative" thoughts is a good thing. :lol

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well, his retest will be the 24th which means it will be December before he is headed home. I thought it would be sometime this week, though even if it had been the neutering would have had to wait till after Thanksgiving anyhow so no biggie ;) Lets hope for NEGATIVE!!!!!

Well....what's one more month since I've been waiting since July? He'll be worth it. And I'd rather they take their time vs hurrying everything & something bad happen. Of course that's pretty tough on you with Streamer Fiona Cabby Stepper all being there plus the MISTER Big! he he he When I think of Mister, I think of Big on Sex and the City...both big ole handsome guys.

I just appreciate everything you've done....when he does come home, he'll be the perfect doggie!!! Thank you so much!