Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Jeez...stubbon little suckers those worms :angryfire

Wishing and hoping Smiley tests negative come February.

Run free our beloved Sir Snowy, Pip, Queenie, Sadie, Tess & Rosie until we meet again......I would rather feel the thorn than to never see the rose

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well for crying out loud! Come on Smiley, beat those nasty worms so you can go home.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Well its been a roller coaster ride, but I look at it as if he's still racing & I'm just waiting for him to retire. Ironically it seems I get news about him of special dates. The day I heard I had been approved for his adoption was Bool's birthday. The day he goes for his next heartworm check will be the eve of Gogh's bridge day.  Still after he test negative, he's gotta get  his manornaments removed...so we'll be waiting probably a couple of weeks before that can take place, then healing, stitches removed & then coming this way. All of it is going to be very much worth it. Holly sends me updates, videos & pictures. I know he's very well taken care of & very much loved. 

Hurry home sweet boy :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well.... here it comes.... his FOURTH heartworm test...... his last test was on the 28th of December and he was still positive for heartworms.

His retest will be on Wednesday, results take about a day or two depending on the lab. The 12th of February will be the 6 month mark since his last injection which was on the 12th of August. If he is still positive after this test GALT will do another round of shots to treat him again.

He has been with us for 7 months so far..... we need prayers and "good negative" thoughts for this boy so he can go to his forever home soon!!!

OK Smiley, study hard for your test! Fingers crossed for a negative!!

Camille, Mom to Cher and Centeno! Also the kitties: Dash, Tod, and Starburst.
Waiting at the Bridge: Bam Bam, Mimi, Mimosa Grove, Magic, Roscoe, Buckwheat, Knick Knack, and Skylarphoto-11974.jpg?__rand=0.00790800+129039

This is going to be it. Cuz.. we said so.

Come on Smiley- let's do it and move on... literally!

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Okay Smiley, it time for NEGATIVE test results! My fingers are crossed!

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Thinking of you and Smiley today and saying a special prayer for good news.

He's been through quite enough and he truly deserves to get on with life and enjoy being able to run in the yard with the others

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'll add a few :clover:goodluck:clover:goodluck and top it with a :cookie don't worry, carob, not chocolate chips!

lorinda, mom to the ever revolving door of Foster greyhounds

Always in my heart: Teala (LC Sweet Dream) , Pepton, Darbee-Do (Hey Barb) , Rascal (Abitta Rascal), Power (Beyond the Power), and the miracle boy LAZER (2/21/14), Spirit (Bitter Almonds) 8/14