Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Introducing Smiley :):gmark our new foster boy!!!

He has Heartworms and Babasia and has just completed his first round of shots for the Heartworms.... Hubby picked him up today and he is just the sweetest thing. His personality is just overflowing and he loves everyone and everything. He was absolutly beside himself when my daughter Emma came out to meet him and snuggled up to her for a hug (where is the DARN camera when you need it!!!) When he got inside he got to meet everyone with muzzles on. My kids were all "yea... been there done that how are ya" but he sure smelled interesting :D

Now the pics......

The first member of the family that every new foster gets to meet is Andy the resident Donkey, he is our welcoming commitee and is always interested in who we have brought home for him :blush

DSCN01412.jpg

Then PayPay decided that he would get a look too....and a kiss :kiss2

DSCN01442.jpg

What a pretty boy he is!

DSCN01452.jpg

One of these things is not like the other......

DSCN01612.jpg

This was when they had all met and we were about to take his muzzle off

Outlaw- "mooooooom hes touching me!!!!"

Smiley- "Hold still lemme get this thing off..."

DSCN01582.jpg

He has picked his favorite bed already

DSCN01662.jpg

He will be with us for at least 3 months for his heartworm treatment and then he still needs to get those dangly bits removed too :eek that is why he has belly bands on ;)

Keep this guy in your thoughts and prayers for an uneventful heartworm treatment! We are keeping him very calm and comfortable in his crate with a big fluffy comforter :blush He seems to have settled in nicely for the night.....

What a sweet face!!!

DSCN01682.jpg

Edited by TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest KyGrey

Bless your hearts and GALT for helping him.

He looks so happy but who wouldn't be happy to meet your gang and Pay Pay and Andy! I know I would be going nuts (pun intended). :lol

I am sending prayers that he has an uneventful heartworm treatment and all goes well with his babesia and also the dangley bits surgery.

He is sure a looker. :wub:

Edited because I can't spell. :lol

Edited by KyGrey

:yay:yay:yay He sure is handsome. He's going to make someone very happy, I just know it.

Prayers for an easy recovery, in your care Holly, he'll do great.

Wayne said to be sure to tell him BDR!!!!!!!!!!

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest KennelMom

He's sooooooooo handsome! Yay for you and GALT for helping this boy get healthy and find his forever couch!

Holly,

He is Gorgeous!!!! You are such a Wionderful person to take him in and take care of him!!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

I love the pictures of him with the donkeys!!!! :wub::wub::wub:

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

Guest TheUnrulyHound
Welcome Smiley! He certainly earned his name, what a happy and handsome boy!

welllll, THIS is where he got his name!!!!! I didn't take this pic, but I have seen him make this face!!!! I will try to catch it on camera ;)

smiley5.jpg

Guest Heehoo

Aww what a sweet looking boy! He has family jewels? Is he going to join the BDR? I don't think I'll tell Pipi or Gabby about him just yet, they'll be on the computer all night, plus he needs to stay calm.

Holly, you are so sweet & kind to do this. GALT really stepped up for him. I read he was a stray? Bless his heart. No one should be treated like this!

I hope he finds his forever family soon. You'll keep us up to date right?

:) Smiley :)

Aww look at him smile!!!!!!

Guest TurnerMiller01

oh... holly... he is so cute... thank you and thank you to GALT for taking care of this beautiful boy...

prayers that he will do well in your care...

i love the pic with all the brindles... and your caption... too cute... :inlove

and WOW. :eek .. thats quite a smile he has.... :)

thank you holly...

:f_white

Guest PhillyPups

Holly,

Smiley is so handsome - how do we know he is a FOSTER - easy, he's not a brindle :lol

Kudos to you and GALT for all the help you are giving Smiley on his road to recovery and a new couch :yay

He's a handsome boy and I love the pic of him with your 4 brindles :inlove

Edited by SIGreyLady

2013-Beach-2.jpg

Mimi- mom to Burdette (KB's Burdette), Sophie (LL's Stupid Is) and bridge babies Kelsey (Kelso's Logo), Sterling (Cold B Tiger), Fritz, Tasha, Chloe and Molly

Guest TheUnrulyHound
He's a handsome boy and I love the pic of him with your 4 brindles :inlove

Stepper would have been in the pic too but he had had enough :rolleyes: I was really wanting a pic with all 6 of them together!

Well the night went good, he has a crate in our room and slept thru the night except one episode of snarkyness from him when another hound walked by his crate. We will be working on that..... BOYS...... He is eating very well and even prefers to lay down in his crate to dine. We feed in these "Slow Down Bowls" because my boys tend to inhale their food. It is a bowl with four "compartments" in a kinda plus sign shape.... he would have none of that!!!! The stray in him wanted to eat fast so he VERY QUICKLY pawed the bowl, knocking it over and spilling food in the bottom of his crate :rotfl Hope my kids don't watch him and learn that little trick!!! I kinda wonder why they havn't already :dunno hahahahah This morning he left it upright luckily, I guess he knew he didn't have to rush :)

I will post some more pictures later tonite, we have a birthday party to go to that has been planned for months so he will be home in his crate......

Guest Heehoo

He's so beautiful. He looks like he's acclimating good. How is he with your little dog? If he's doing good with him, then its a good sign he's small animal/cat safe. I read he's nearly 5...so maybe he was in someone's home & he got out??? Bless his heart.

GALT has got him in good shape now.

I've always heard/read the good things GALT did, now this just confirms it! Go Smiley :)

Awww, he's gorgeous. Prayers that he goes through the heart worm treatments with no problems.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest TheUnrulyHound

you know he seems to really like everyone... even Brody the schnauzer who can come off a little....... psycho!!!! :rotfl I bet if he were allowed to play he would love him even more. I can't really tell if he has been in a home before... though he isn't afraid of anything that I have found, nothing really comes off as new to him... but he isn't housebroken either. He WAS in another fosterhome for a few days though, so I may have missed the part where he first felt carpet under his paws and looked up at the mysterious spinning thing on the ceiling. :) He is working on walking on the tile and wood floors but he will be a pro in no time.

Guest Heehoo

The first thing Snowy noticed was the oven, she kept thinking it was her crate (square). At MSGAO, Vicki has a ceiling fan & a long mirror...when we cat tested, they were more interested in the puppy in the mirror. She tries to bring each dog out during the week to spend some time in the office which ironically is set up like a kitchen.

All of my others have been in previous homes except for Gogh & he was too afraid to look above him.

Guest GentleHugs

Awww - his smile is soooooo precious! There's just something about a handsome black Grey that smiles. :wub:

Glad to see he's settling in nicely Holly. Keep us posted on his health and progress, please. I'm sure he won't stay long as a foster once he's heartworm free and free of those dangly bits, too.

Love Andy and PayPay! What a hoot they are in meeting the new *temp* residents! :rotfl