Hilda's Smiley! Still Fighting Heartworms Update Post 431

Guest TheUnrulyHound

• Replies 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Well Susie said that when she was up there this morning that the results at that time said "retesting" She says that when they do that it means that it is probably still positive. I guess that means they are rechecking to make sure? dunno but I have not had the final word yet.... doesn't look good though :(

***sigh***

or maybe retesting because it's negative and they want to make absolutely sure??

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

or maybe retesting because it's negative and they want to make absolutely sure??

Yeah, I think I like the sound of that much better. Keeping positive thoughts and everything crossed :goodluck for negative results and an all clear for Smiley to be on his way to momma Hilda.

I'm patiently waiting. I really am. Speaking from experience with BuyCut...after his treatments, he still had a few microfilaria floating around, but not doing any harm. With the continuation of Ivomec, and time...the filaria die. But that's my vet and GALT is wanting to take extra precautions...so I will wait.

I may be spending Christmas in Texas this year. Who's got room for me Pipi Gabby Banker & Jack?

:)

I found this link that is pretty much what happened with BuyCut...I don't know about Smiley's treatment. But mainly because I have not asked.

Smiley

Edited by Heehoo

I'm patiently waiting. I really am. Speaking from experience with BuyCut...after his treatments, he still had a few filaria floating around, but not doing any harm. With the continuation of Ivomec, and time...the filaria die. But that's my vet and GALT is wanting to take extra precautions...so I will wait.

I may be spending Christmas in Texas this year. Who's got room for me Pipi Gabby Banker & Jack?

:)

and me, Ekko, Lenny and Wayne

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm off from Christmas Eve until the next year...I guess maybe we could meet half way & I could at least hug him. Its gonna be okay. It has to be.

Ha Cora....I'm gonna make you go with me, you have the better of 2 vehicles!

Gabby must've known I was talking to you, she's been rolling around on my bed & all of a sudden she's standing beside me.

Deer Auntie Hee Hoo...

Whenebber you find out dat Smiley iz commin home let me know. Iffin yoo remember eye am a baker an eye am baking sum special cookies fer Mr. Smiley's homecoming. Momma wull send dem in da male.

:mexi2

Argos da bakin Galgo

Argos, looks like yooz is gonna habs some pracktice time for baking cookies. Maybe you can make hims sum Balemtimes cookies :beatheart

Guest TheUnrulyHound

Hilda, I may end up delivering him to you on Chrismas eve ;) You want to come here? you could sleep in the craftroom ;)

well looks like they will have the "re-results" on Friday..... lets hope they are double checking a negative!!!!

Lets hope that's what is going on. I may take Cora up on her keeping the girls & me and the boys take a road trip to Texas. he he he ;):D;)

Edited by Heehoo

Guest GentleHugs

Ok - so we wait until Friday.....

that means we have 2 days to pray really, really hard that his test is negative this time around!

I'm thankful that GALT has him, and he's getting the best care. That Holly has him & he's being showered with love & affectionate. He couldn't be in better hands! Thank you all!

Guest PhillyPups

Checking and keeping the prayers going. :hope

HHHilda, knowing that Smiley would be home with you for Christmas would be a wonderful Christmas present for me. As good as our being at Grey Haven for Christmas even!! It would be like the Star on top of the Tree!! :hope

Ha Cora....I'm gonna make you go with me, you have the better of 2 vehicles!

Gabby must've known I was talking to you, she's been rolling around on my bed & all of a sudden she's standing beside me.

Deer Auntie Hee Hoo...

Whenebber you find out dat Smiley iz commin home let me know. Iffin yoo remember eye am a baker an eye am baking sum special cookies fer Mr. Smiley's homecoming. Momma wull send dem in da male.

Argos da bakin Galgo

Argos, looks like yooz is gonna habs some pracktice time for baking cookies. Maybe you can make hims sum Balemtimes cookies :beatheart

Eye will make da cookies fer wheneber he is commin home...even iffin dey are Balemtines cookies. :)

Argos da Galgo

Just got an email... still positive :(

:( Poor baby

Guest PhillyPups
Just got an email... still positive :(

:( Crapole :(

:bighug HHHilda, he is well worth the wait. When is his next test? Is he still getting medication??

Sorry to be so inquisitive, but we all want this boy home with HHHilda!! :lol

Thanks everyone. I guess they'll give him another treatment/dose and then in 30 days we'll do it again. Maybe he'll be my birthday present instead...its Valentine's day. He's going to be well worth the wait.

We'll be here waiting. In the meantime, he'll be spending the holidays with Holly Emma & the Unruly crew...just where I'd rather he be. I'll just send him some presents down there.

Drat drat drat drat. Had so hoped he could have Christmas with you, Hilda. I know Holly will show him a good time :lol , but still.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.