Just Dropped Elsie @ Vet For Surgery

Elsie was dropped off or surgery. She will have her pre-ops and as long as everything is OK- we will proceed.

She should be 1st case of the day at about 12 PM. God willing, if all goes OK- she should be coming home around 5.

Vet felt the lump which is like a marble in size. She will be doing a lumpectomy with 2 inch margins. Biopsy to determine what it is.

She also felt other ""miniscule" lumps around other nipples that we can not do anything about now. She said the masectomys are not done for greyhounds.

She also said that when the lumps are caught before 3 cm, there is a much better chance of it not spreading. This lump is well under 3 cm. She will have a 5 inch incision.

Please say a prayer for my Elsie. Benign tumor and clean margins all the way around. No cancer. Please. We tried that once and we don't like it.

It just has to be benign. :unsure

I'm scared.

Edited by RobinM

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

:goodluck

Benign, Benign, Benign, Benign....

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

All good thoughts coming from here :candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Elsie is out of surgery and did very well. The lump came out easily. She handled the anesthesia and surgery well and is coming out of the anesthesia well.

Biopsy will be back Wednesday. We will go from there.

So happy it was a successful surgery. Of course, very unsettled feeling waiting for biopsy results.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest greydogluvr

So glad all went well. She will be so glad to be home. Big healing hugs to your girl and prayers for good biopsy results.

Guest Hollys2hounds

So glad she will be comin' home to you tonight!!!

Prayers for Elsie.

Prayers for you.

I know it feels like Wednesday is a long way off... but at least your girl will be home to recover!!

hugs :getwell :getwell :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

Glad all went well with the surgery, and I"m glad you only have to wait until Wednesday for the biopsy results (that's very quick - although it probably doesn't feel that way!) I've got all my fingers and toes crossed that the news is good!