Isaac -- Ch Golightly Gravity Storm

onrushpam

Isaac went peacefully to the Rainbow Bridge yesterday.

Three years ago, we were told he had only weeks to live when he was diagnosed with congestive heart failure. He

also survived a couple bouts with oral squamous cell carcinoma in the interim. Several days ago he started limping on his left front. We couldn't see or feel anything obvious and then Friday night as he was walking to the bedroom, we noticed

a large, hard lump on the front of his shoulder. It could only be one thing...

Isaac was our second greyhound, an AKC hound from Long Island, NY who arrived in our household at 11 weeks of age. He was a half and half with racing blood and AKC dogs in his lineage. We were looking for a show dog that could course as well.

He earned his breed championship and was Best of Winners at the GCA National Specialty in 1997. He was also a beautiful courser, so long as there were no otherdogs on the field. He interfered mercilessly and was relegated to being a test

dog only. But he looked good doing it. He was also well trained in obedience and kind of trained in agility but never formally competed.

If any of you have seen (or have the chance to see) the Animal Planet "Breed All About It" on greyhounds, the show opens with a nekkid black dog running across an expanse of green grass. The narrator says something like "Greyhounds have

been running for a thousand years". That black dog is Isaac... it was his 5 seconds of fame! (That program was filmed in 1997, when Isaac was 2 years old).

Isaac was such a funny dog... He had such a strong personality. He LOVED to bake himself in the sun and to roll around in the grass. He loved ice cream, grapefruit and fish above all else. He knew the sound of a spoon hitting the

bottom of a bowl of ice cream and would come begging to lick the bowl. He knew the sound of grapefruit being sectioned on the cutting board and would come sit and wait for his piece. He loved fish most of all.

Friday night, before we discovered his big lump, we went to dinner at our favorite local seafood place. I brought a grouper filet home for him. He snarfed it down, mixed with some kibble that had been ground up in the food processor. He

told me he LOVED his fish dinner!! I'm so glad he had a great last meal.

Isaac did everything with exuberance. We will miss our goofy boy, but trust that he waits for us with the growing Onrush pack at the Bridge.

First_Major_Cropped_Small.jpg

Pam

GPA-Tallahassee/Southeastern Greyhound Adoption

"Fate is unalterable only in the sense that given a cause, a certain result must follow, but no cause is inevitable in itself, and man can shape his world if he does not resign himself to ignorance." Pearl S. Buck

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry, Pam!! :cry1 :cry1 what a handsome boy :cry1:f_red

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

Guest PhillyPups

Oh Pam, I am so very sorry - stunning boy, and I do remember his shot on the Animal Planet show

Run with the Angels sweet Isaac, you are with some of the very very best -

I'm sorry, Pam.

Godspeed, beloved Isaac.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

:f_red I'm so sorry. I was just reading your post about him in the thread for the Suzy Awards.

God speed handsome, now you run with all our Angels.

Edited by cbudshome

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I am so very sorry Pam. As I was reading your tribute, I remembered other posts about Isaac and it struck me what a wonderful life he had.

Godspeed Isaac :gh_run

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

I'm so sorry. :cry1 He was a magnificent looking grey.

Godspeed Isaac.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

:cry1 I'm so sorry for the loss of your handsome boy. :f_red:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound