I'm Sure It's Nothing But...

I've booked Duffy in to the vets on Thursday of next week (4th June) for some tests.

There are a few things which are concerning me.

1. He's never snapped at a dog in his life until last Thursday when he snapped at a pup who was trying to sniff his face. And then he did the same thing again under the same sort of circumstances on Sunday.

2. He's been a little bit narky about his space with our own dogs - nothing major - just a touch narky and it's not really like him.

3. A couple of weeks ago, he was sleeping and suddenly got up and 'ran' a few feet across the room but as he was moving, he was weeing.

4. A couple of weeks ago (maybe 10 days ago), he let out a loud yelp/scream thing when Marc was stroking him. Marc thinks he had his hand on his chest/rib area. I've examined him but can't find anything obvious myself.

5. He squeals when he has to be picked up (to be lifted into the van for example). Is this new? I don't honestly know because it's rare that he's ever had to be picked up before.

So. We've got a wee sample to collect and then on Thursday Duffy will have bloods done and he's also going to have a set of chest area x-rays.

*shudder*

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Yes, please let it be something easily fixed or something that isn't there anymore.

Lots of prayers for you and your fur family.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest SusanP

Taking him to the vet is a good idea. Hopefully you'll get to the bottom of this quickly and it will be something easy to fix.

Duffy, I hope you don't mind but I'm going to tuck you in on the nightly candle until your mom finds out that everything is a-ok.

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Oh Bev... :( How worrisome. Hoping it's just something a little "off" with your Duffy. :hope

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

:goodluck

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest Spencers_Greyt

How old is he? The peeing thing reminds me of Spencer who has disc compression in his shoulder area. Have the vet test him for LS. You can do a quick test yourself. Take his back foot and curl (kuuckle) it under and see if Duffy puts his foot back to normal quickly or not. If not then he's got some sort of back issue. Hugs to Duffy!

It has to be something uncomplicated. It just has to! Prayers and healing light to Duffy.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest Vinnie

Hi Bev and Marc - I hope that Duffy's visit goes well and that they find whatever is wrong and that it is easily treatable. Sending scritches and hugs.

How old is he?

He'll be 4 tomorrow :)

(And he's a Deerhound, in case peeps don't know)

Edited to add pic:-

Here he is on the left

duffydarcy160309a.jpg

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest WarmheartedPups

Its good to check this out.....could be something minor...but such a worry. Duffer is in my thoughts.

Guest Winslowsmom

Aw Duffy, my hairy friend.. Feel better soon!

Love,

Winslow

:paw:paw

:paw

PS.. Kisses for my beautiful Darcy.. How's that eyebrow? :wub: