My 3 Year Old Pup, Ike

GreytMaxsMom

I am still in shock. He was fine this morning when I let him out. Within 5 minutes I heard a sharp cry. WHen I went to check on him, he was gone! I am not sure what happen. The vet thinks he had a heart attack. He would have been 4 July 31st. I can't stop crying, but want to be strong for my children.

I'll write more whne I can see the screen better.

Please pray for us!!!

Heartbroken in Indiana

Mindy

Mom to Max (grey), Buttermilk (grey) and Winston (iggy) and Skinkids, Ally and Ben! In loving memory of Angels Chelsey(Weim), whom we lost on August 26, 2004, Majestic(Chow) on November 20, 2005, on October 5, 2007, we lost Natasha(lab mix), and on May 28, 2009 we lost our greyhound Ike born 7/31/2005 You were too young to go!!!! We lost Monte(Whippet) on September 23, 2009. We miss you all!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG- what a horrible shock. I am so sorry.

So unfair, so young.

Run free baby boy.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Guest argolola

Oh I am so sorry for the loss of your baby boy. What a terrible shock. Please know that you will be in my prayers.

Guest greymama002

So sorry for the sudden loss of your sweet boy! You should have had much more time with him. My heart breaks for you. :brokenheart Deepest sympathy to your family. :grouphug

OMG. :cry1 I'm so very sorry for your loss. No preparation or warning. :( What a heartbreaker. :grouphug Godspeed, precious Ike... :gh_run You'll be in the best of care with our angels at the Bridge. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PhillyPups

Mindy,

My heart breaks with you. I know the devastation and shock you are feeling. I lost my beloved Runner, my first, with the same suddeness and no warning, two weeks before his eigth birthday, also too young.

I wish there were words of comfort. I know there are none. My prayers and thoughts are with you.

Oh, no! That is beyond tragic that he was so young, and so very heartbreaking for you to have it happen like that. The random suddenness doubles your grief because you are having to deal with that as well as your loss. This is a really, really hard one.

I'm so sorry you lost your precious boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

How heartbreaking. I'm so, so sorry!

Valerie w/ Cash (CashforClunkers) & Lucy (Racing School Dropout)
Missing our gorgeous Miss
Diamond (Shorty's Diamond), sweet boy Gabe (Zared) and Holly (ByGollyItsHolly), who never made it home.

What a horrible shock. I am so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Max.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest ss556

I am so very sorry. How shocking and unexpected. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Run free little Ike.

f_yellow:gh_run