Jorj

Bevd

In 1995, Jorj - a stray adult cat - sat in the middle of the road and refused to budge. We sat and waited but he stayed where he was, peering up at the car. So I got out, picked him up, put him in the car and he clambered over onto Marcs knee and sat there for the journey home.

He was a fully grown adult but we never knew his actual age. He was probably about 2 or 3.

A few years later, he had to have all his teeth removed. I spent a fortune on squishy sachets of cat food so that he didn't hurt his poorly mouth. Everytime I went into the kitchen, he'd meowwwwwww and I'd open a sachet for him. And then a few days after the surgery, I spied him.....tucking into dry crunchy food with no problems at all :lol:wub:

Jorj was The Cat on the block for quite a few years and he'd often come home with a cauliflower ear or a big scratch on his nose but he mellowed with age.

He was a great greyhound trainer

ed9e5a5ed3359f510d83b597dd985ce0.jpg

And a great puppy minder

cd0a39f6070797090abe9980c2f3e046.jpg

Jorjy drifted off to The Bridge in his sleep during the early hours of his morning. He will be sadly missed :beatheart

f5f478ef2e6f4be9cf2b3a79e8402a5a.jpg

Edited by Bevd

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. What a lucky boy he was to have become a member of your family. He was quite a character and I know you will both miss him.

f_yellow f_yellow

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

I'm so sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Jorj.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I'm so sorry for your loss, Bev. Jorj seemed to be quite the kitty :)

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Guest GreytMuse

I am so sorry for your loss. f_yellow Jorj sounds like a wonderful kitty who will be dearly missed, and who brought much love into your lives.

I'm sorry you lost Jorjy, Bev. :grouphug Sounds like he was a special cat. That first picture really says it all... :lol

Rest in peace sweetie.

:f_white

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

I'm sorry. He was beautiful and very lucky to have you.

Mary, mom to kitty Rebel.
Always missing Sherri (SO DELICIOUS) (12/6/2005-8/29/2018) kitties Marley (4/2000-12/3/2015) and Beady (4/1998-2/24/2006) and Dalmatian Daisy (7/25/1984-5/13/1999).

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work

and give to those who would not - Thomas Jefferson

I'm sorry for your loss of Jorg. What a beautiful kitteh! :wub: He was very good at his job. :) Godspeed Jorg! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis

A lovely tribute to a special kitteh. :heart They do choose their homes, eh? :) Godspeed, Jorjy... go find your greyhound pals at the Bridge.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest GriffinsMom

I'm so sorry for your loss. Jorj had a wonderful life with you, Marc, and your crew. Godspeed to the Bridge, Jorj.

f_yellowf_yellowf_yellow

Guest FrostyBottoms

I am sorry Bev....those are fantastic pictures of Jorj...if I had a cat, I think I'd like one just like Jorj!