Please, Keep Misty In Your Prayers

:grouphug

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zoolaine

Poor Misty, how is her poop? Never thought I'd ask someone that question! Good thoughts and prayers for you and Misty.

Guest KyGrey

You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers. I'm not sure if I will know the sign when the time comes so I can't give advice on that. Prayers are constantly going out from my house to yours on all counts.

Guest greydogluvr
Claudia I am so sorry. Cushings is so awful. It sounds like the worst is about over. I am wondering if cutting the dosage sooner than that may be an option. :dunno Maybe she would get some of her appetite back. I do not know much about the meds she is taking, but this may be an option since she is about where you want her to be. Is she having any other symptons besides the weight loss?

ETA Just read that she is eating. Is the weight loss a side effect of the meds?.

That's the first thing I asked Lora, can we cut back on the drug because I have been anxious to get it cut back. But, not an option and he said we may never be able to cut back. Next test should reveal more about that.

Most Cushings dogs, not all but most gain weight. As for it being a side effect of the drug, that's difficult to say because it's a human anti-cancer drug so the studies are with humans, not animals.

The more I think about it all, I'm not afraid of not knowing it's time, I'm more afraid of mis-reading the signs. Make sense? Misty's a tough to read

Like others have said, you will know when it is time. You have a special connection with her and she will find a way to let you know. Love that girl, as you always do. I am sending big, big prayers to you all.

My vet just called. He said he's concerned about the weight loss but not worried yet. The Lysodren would not cause weight loss and he said several of his Cushing's dogs have lost weight once they start to stabilize,which doesn't make sense to me in Misty's case however we will need to weigh Misty in 2 weeks and if she's lost anymore then he said there's something else going on that's causing it.

Nevada lost qite a bit of weight after she stabilized-but then she was the typical potty looking Cushings dog. For a while she was looking like a stuffed sausage with legs. Hang in there, things may start to get better now that she is stable. Got to give her body time to adjust.

Carol-Glendale, AZ

Trolley (Figsiza Trollyn)

Nevada 1992-2008...always in my heart

I think I have a prayer or two left in me and for sure, Misty gets them. Eat up, girl!

siggie50_1.jpg

Blair, Stella (DND Heather), Lizzie (M's Deadra), Hitch (Hallo Dominant) and House (Mac's Dr. House)

Missing my handsome men Lewis (Vs Lowrider) - 11/11/01 - 3/11/09, Kevin (Dakota's Hi Five) - 1/1/06 - 4/18/11 and my cat, Sparkle Baby - ??/??/96 - 4/23/11

"The gift which I am sending you is called a dog, and is, in fact, the most precious and valuable possession of mankind." (Theodorus Gaza)

Claudia, I'm sorry you & Misty are riding such a nasty roller coaster. I am wondering, too, about her thyroid. Maybe the Lysodren has caused some sort of reaction with her thyroid. The puzzling thing is she has a good appetite, it sounds like she has good energy and is still one happy girl. It just doesn't add up.

Carl says, Come on Misty - eat a bunch more and put some meat on your little bones!

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

Oh, no....I know exactly how you feel...you are watching her waste away and nothing helps. My prayers are with you, you will know when she has had enough. It is so very difficult. :(

Phoebe (Belle's Sweetpea) adopted 9/2/13.

Jack (BTR Captain Jack) 9/28/05--11/2/12
Always missing Buddy, Ruby, and Rascal.

Claudia, I'm sorry you & Misty are riding such a nasty roller coaster. I am wondering, too, about her thyroid. Maybe the Lysodren has caused some sort of reaction with her thyroid. The puzzling thing is she has a good appetite, it sounds like she has good energy and is still one happy girl. It just doesn't add up.

Carl says, Come on Misty - eat a bunch more and put some meat on your little bones!

Ya know, one of the things that Batmom told me was that Cushings itself can cause the thyroid to mimic low, that probably isin't the best way to put it, but my vet totally agrees with that.

I will have another full thyroid panel done just to be sure

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Misty- please put some weight on, please, hugs to you all

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

I am sorry I am just now seeing this... Please Misty put some weight on.... Sending lots of prayers and hugs... :grouphug:grouphug:hope:hope:hope

darlenesiggy2.jpg
Darlene Mom to: Aladdin, Sophie ,Pongo, Jasmine, Relic Forever in our Hearts Champ at the Rainbow Bridge.

Let a greyhound race into your heart Adopt

Bay Area Greyhound Adoptions INC. Naples/ Fort Myers Chapter

I'm sorry she's lost so much weight. :(

Assuming she's getting an adequate number of calories .... My first reaction (without remembering all the details of her tests) would be to stop the thyroid meds. But, might want to review both conditions and test results with your doc. We know that other illnesses can cause funky thyroid results that don't present a true picture of the dog's thyroid status. Believe the adrenal disorders are the same way -- if dog has another illness, you can get some false positives/negatives on those tests.

It's pretty rare for a dog to have two endocrine disorders at one time -- low single digits, percentagewise, I believe. Not impossible, but worth ongoing review if you're still having weird symptoms (or weird symptoms-not-going-away).

Hope you can get to the bottom of things!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest KyGrey

How is Misty doing today? Still my little whiney buddy? If anyone can love a dog from afar it me head over heels for Misty. Well, and Ekko and Wayne (not necessarily in that order).

Hope you can get things worked out. Would it hurt to try Satin Balls to try to get some weight on her? I don't personally have the recipe but I'm sure someone on here would be glad to post it. I've heard they are very good about getting weight on a dog.