Buycut One Year Later

Guest Heehoo

Last year was quite the year...losing Dear to cancer in January, BuyCut to a blood clot in February, Snowy to a stroke in May.

BuyCut was the only one that I could actually smile in the same week that he crossed the bridge.

BuyCut did things his way, if you told him no...he did it anyway & then twinkled those big brown eyes to smooth it over.

He would come in the kitchen at night & while I was dipping up the food, he'd stand there & get a huge mouthful of food, then spit it on the floor & eat it. I'd tell him "last bite" and he'd get one more bite before I shut the top of the cannister. No one else does that.

He was my comedian, he loved to snuggle, he would take up the whole queen size bed & then grin with those twinkling eyes at me when I'd beg him to move over.

I know he was there when Gogh crossed the bridge, just like when Snowy crossed. I imagine all the clouds he lays on have cool green grass on them too.

I miss you my twinkly skinny boy...

Sep26320.jpg

4bed.jpg

And this one's for the womens he left here on Greytalk...

Feb08780.jpg

He was such a special boy.

:beatheart :beatheart

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Hilda- :grouphug

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

Yesterday morning his picture came up on the banner -- the one with just that little brindle BuyCut butt sticking out from under the comforter -- and it made me smile.

Who knew an ordinary brindle boy could be not ordinary at all.

Hugs to you, Hilda, and blowing some kisses to BuyCut at the Bridge. Catch them and pass them around, sweetheart.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

newsheets.jpg

You mean this one? he he he

That boy loved warm sheets. I would do laundry on Sundays. As soon as I got the sheets on the bed, he was up there. He'd barely wait for me to finish tucking them in & there he was making a nest or crawling under the comforter.

That one exactly. It's less a picture than a whole mood. BuyCut had magic, didn't he?, and still does.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I can't believe it's been a year. We sure miss those BuyCut pictures. What a boy!!! Hope you found all the nice warm sheets and quilts, sweetheart.

Denise & Strider, Blake, Fields, Frank, FlippyDoo, and Momma Gail.

The Bridge Angels Zack(Ags Marble Chip) 4/25/93-2/16/06, Wanda(Rainier Rowanda) 12/14/94-06/09/06, Brooke/Boogers(Rainier Restive) 01/01/99-10/20/08, Warlock(Rainier Rammer) 4/29/99-10/01/09), Patsie(Frisky Patsy) 5/17/96-2/05/10, Hatter(Cals Madhatter) 6/3/00-3/11/10, Dodger(Rainier Ransack) 4/29/99-4/16/10, and Sparkle(Okie Sparkle) 11/8/2000-1/28/11

When you see him doing stuff like this...you can't help but smile at this little crazy dog. He was a hoot. I'm smiling right now thinking about him...he had this little squeal too that he'd do just before I put everyone in their crates, like he was in a hurry to do something.

4bed.jpg

Guest BlackandBrindle

Oh Hilda, your boy was absolutely precious.

We think of you all the time and always send our love. We miss your babies who have gone to the bridge but we know that they couldn't have found someone to love them more than you did. :grouphug

That one exactly. It's less a picture than a whole mood. BuyCut had magic, didn't he?, and still does.

I feel sorry for the folks that adopted him, then 3 yrs later dumped him on the interstate. They just don't know what kind of jewel they had. But ya know, he didn't seem to mind...he just kept right on being a happy dog. Even on the days I'd go pick him up from his heartworm treatments, he always came out of the kennel area all perky & wagging that tail. He'd get on my bed & sleep the rest of the day & he accepted walking on a leash while everyone else ran around him for 4 months!

I so miss him a lot.