Suze Needs The Power Of Gt!

Yay yellow! :goodluck

continuing to send many prayers for your sweet girl!!!!! :hope :hope :candle:hope :hope

Kim and Bruce - with Rick (Rick Roufus 6/30/16) and missing my sweet greyhound Angels Rainey (LG's Rainey 10/4/2000 - 3/8/2011), Anubis (RJ's Saint Nick 12/25/2001 - 9/12/12) and Zeke (Hey Who Whiz It 4/6/2009 - 7/20/2020) and Larry (PTL Laroach 2/24/2007 - 8/2/2020) -- and Chester (Lab) (8/31/1990 - 5/3/2005), Captain (Schipperke) (10/12/1992 - 6/13/2005) and Remy (GSP) (?/?/1998 - 1/6/2005) at the bridge
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." -- Ernest Hemmingway

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am SO glad to hear she's improving and producing YELLOW PEE!! :confetti

I understand that she's not out of the woods, but it does sound as if the vet is taking very good care of her and she's definitely headed in the right direction. What a relief that must be for you. So happy to hear good news - still sending many good thoughts her way. :hope

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop

That was such a good update - many more good thoughts and prayers for Suze going your way. It does seem like things are turning around for the better.

gallery_6279_2888_88479.jpg

Hobbes - April 2, 1994 to April 9, 2008-----Tasha - May 23, 2000 to March 31, 2013

Fiona - Aug 29, 2001 to May 5, 2014-----Bailey - March 22, 2001 to Jan 20, 2015

Zeke - June 1, 2004 - Jan 26, 2016----Callie - July 14, 2006 to July 27, 2019

Forever in my heart: Chooch, Molly, Dylan & Lucy

:candle

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest GreysAndMoreGreys

Is there any chance within a few days before all this started did she get out to run a lot? Like did you take her to a play day, or to a fenced in field or something?

Reason I ask is the signs she was first showing before going to the vet sounds a bit like she was sored up. I'm sure someone will know the technical name for it but we have always refered to it as "running their back off"

What sometimes happens after this is their muscles tense up and then produce higher levels of Lactic acid that can really effect their system. Sometimes shutting down the kidneys.

Ok just pulled out the Care of the Racing Greyhound. If you have that book or if your vet does, would be on page 276, Hyperacute Exertional Rhabdomyolysis.

Signs that you described sound pretty close to this, right down to the discolored urine

Just checking in to see how Suze is doing today... update when you can!

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

This morning saw small improvements. She is producing a greater quantity of yellow urine today which is very good. Her bloodwork is improving, just not with the speed that the internist would like to see. She is not as uncomfortable today as yesterday but she's still flat as a pancake. One of the techs fed her about a 1/4 can of AD just before we arrived and I fed her another 1/4 can which she kept down. Good sign. It will be another 3 or 4 days before we know if she's going to make it. I will return to check on her this afternoon.

Thank you so much for your prayers and support. Suze needs something more like a miracle right now. Please keep her in your prayers. I don't dare even start to tell you what an incredible girl she is because I will lose it for sure.

Heather, no Suze hasn't done any serious running for quite some time. She did take a couple of laps around the yard last week, but not even enough to cause her to breathe hard.

Edited by duncan41

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

This evening's report is encouraging. Suze's potassium is back within the normal range as is her WBC. The E-Vet was almost waving the results as we walked in the door! Suze was much more comfortable and is getting up and moving around more. She ate a little more - she wouldn't take the food from anyone but "Mom" - the little stinker! Her urine output is acceptable - the docs would prefer to see more. (Chant with me: "Need more pee! Need more pee! Need more Pee!

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for all your prayers. Tomorrow the internist takes over her case "officially" so I will have a new person to whom I can direct my questions. Poor man, doesn't know what he's in for! We're not out of the woods quite yet, but I will have a much better feel for when to look for the next improvement leap sometime tomorrow.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Oh, hooray hooray! I'm glad she's feeling better and you're getting better news.

15060353021_97558ce7da.jpg
Kathy and Q (CRT Qadeer from Fuzzy's Cannon and CRT Bonnie) and
Jane (WW's Aunt Jane from Trent Lee and Aunt M); photos to come.

Missing Silver (5.19.2005-10.27.2016), Tigger (4.5.2007-3.18.2016),
darling Sam (5.10.2000-8.8.2013), Jacey-Kasey (5.19.2003-8.22.2011), and Oreo (1997-3.30.2006)

So glad she is doing better. Keeping up the prayers!

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

What chapter is this? We're still on the roller coaster. We visited her this morning and Suze WALKED OUT TO SEE US! It was wonderful. She is eating and producing a "good amount of urine". BUT, met with the internist and he's KNOT happy with her "kidney values". (Don't know the numbers but at this point it's not important.) He's going to do another ultrasound today to see if anything has changed since Saturday afternoon. Another nasty word was inserted into the conversation - lymphoma.

If her kidney values don't start moving toward normal in the next 48 hours, we talked a little bit about a kidney biopsy. Since the possible causes of this renal failure are now: infection, poison, Lepto or lymphoma, there may be some excruciating decisions that may have to be made. Her platelet count is only 9,000 so a biopsy is out of the question and may stay that way if the platelet count doesn't improve.

Has anyone had experience with a kidney biopsy? The cautionary dialogue given by the internist is really scary. I would sure appreciate it if "mike" the Vet or Dr. Feeman as well as Batmom would chime in on this one.

We have sufficient pee, so I think the chant needs to be changed to "Kidney values good, good good. Kidney values good, good, good. Kidney values good, good, good." Thanks again for all the support. The chanting seems to work with the prayers.

"Kidney values good, good good. Kidney values good, good, good. Kidney values good, good, good." :candle:hope

Kate, with Nedra and Holly
Missing Greyhound Angels Mango, Takoda, Ruger, Delta, and Shiloh, kitty Angel Hoot, cat-tester extraordinaire, and Rocky, the stray cat who came to stay for a little while and then moved on.
Greyhounds Unlimited