Reuban Tyme

Guest fasterthanu

Guest fasterthanu

As many of you remember we lost our angel Ariel just after Christmas at a tender young age! While Nero crossed to the bridge a few nights ago.

The week before we thought Nero was drinking too much water for his normal routine and peeing even more often. So thinking urinary infection {something simple} we took him to the vet. A few blood tests, an up date on the vaccines, and heart worm blood test was all done.

The heart worm test came back positive! That was shocker number one. The blood work showed some sort of failure within the kidneys but we would require more blood work and tests to confirm exactly what was happening.

The appointment was made for this week and in we went. I informed the vet that Nero the dog who acted like he was starving all the time was not eating his meals like he always did, he did not have that spark in his eyes, he often walked around the yard disorientated almost lost looking! The vet said those were all signs of kidney problems and he did the bloodwork. I would have the results the next day. Home we went. Nero began having seizures that evening! Really nasty severe scared me to death seizures. Every 15-20 minutes. I called the vet and he said wait until morning. After an hour and way too many seizures I could not make my boy suffer through those all night long. I owed him better. So I took him to the emergency clinic. The vet there attempted to give him some meds to stop the seizures as he had one right in the office and Nero gave me a look of desperation and died right there. I was stroking his neck, talking to him, telling him how much I loved him.

My beautiful angel is now running with Ariel free at the bridge until we met again.

Reuban Tyme May 9, 2006-February 4, 2009

You are missed and loved my beautiful angel. Be at peace and play with your friend Ariel until we are able to cross the rainbow bridge together. You were the best and no one will ever be able to fill your paws. I miss you sticking your nose in my butt while I am cooking supper; I miss you tripping me as I go up stairs because you slept at the bottom of the steps; I miss fighting for the blankets and pillows at bedtime; I miss my husband sleeping on the couch because you took his spot in bed again! I miss our walks through town! Everyone who knew you misses your visits! You touched many many lives here and we all will miss you for a long time.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ArtysPeople

Deepest sympathies for your loss. f_yellow:gh_runf_yellow

ETA: I know this is so not the time you want to be thinking of this, and I hope it doesn't offend you, but if it were me, I would want to get an autopsy done, just to put my mind at rest as to what happened. I would want to be sure he wasn't accidentally poisoned or anything that might also harm another dog. :grouphug

Edited by ArtysPeople

:f_red I'm so sorry he had to leave. Please try to hang on to knowing that he knew how much you loved him.

Run now with the Angels handsome boy and please watch over those who love you.

God speed

:gh_run

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

I'm so very sorry. :cry1

Godspeed Nero.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Guest greyt2love

I am so very sorry. I lost my boy Caesar this morning to the exact same thing. Godspeed Nero and go look for Caesar, please. He may be confused. He left so fast.

I'm so sorry for your loss, especially since you didn't have him very long. Nero was an exquisite looking hound. I'm so sorry he left you the way he did. Godspeed Nero! f_yellow

gallery_7491_3326_2049.jpg

Deirdre with Conor (Daring Pocobueno), Keeva (Kiowa Mimi Mona), & kittehs Gemma & robthomas.

Our beloved angels Faolin & Liath, & kittehs Mona & Caesar. Remembering Bobby, Doc McCoy, & Chip McGrath.

"He feeds you, pets you, adores you, collects your poop in a bag. There's only one explanation: you are a hairy little god." Nick Galifinakis