A Miracle In Philadelphia

Guest greytmonty

Oh, no! I'm so sorry you've been put on this nightmarish rollercoaster.

Stepping up the prayers.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Karen :( what a nightmare of an emotional rollercoaster. Under the circumstances a third opinion is needed.... I am keeping everything I can possible cross very firmly crossed for you and Monty.

Please let it be good news. :goodluck:candle:goodluck :goodluck :candle

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Guest greytbookert

Oh man, what horrible nightmare for you!

However, a friend of mine is a student at U Penn Vet, PM me if you think there is anything that he might be able to do for you.

I am so sorry for both you and especially Monty. It's just neverending.

Continued prayers for you both.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

This just absolutely, positively cannot be happening. Someone pplleeeaassee give Monty and Mom a break! Have you contacted OSU about the conflict?

Sending our most powerful prayers for Monty hugs for Mom.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead

Guest greytmonty

However, a friend of mine is a student at U Penn Vet, PM me if you think there is anything that he might be able to do for you.

Thank you. Our onco vet has friends in the path dept so I think she will call them .

Guest greytbookert

Thank you. Our onco vet has friends in the path dept so I think she will call them .

Ok, but please keep me in mind, if you need something. I'm more than happy to make a call and I know Chad would do anything to help a fellow greyhound!

I can't believe this is happening. We are all here for you and Monty. I would trust Dr. Couto's diagnosis, but it seems like something else needs to be done to figure things out for sure.

I'm so sorry. Hang in there. :grouphug It is definitely a rollercoaster. We'll be thinking about you guys. :goodluck

Guest greytmonty

My regular vet and my onco vet have been emailing and have a plan. My onco vet said that OSU did not do all of the stain techniques that now are needed to make a diagnosis.

My onco vet said, " I asked about the stains but understood from the discussion that they did not perform them. There are certain types of lymphomas that are plasmacytoid in appearance. Dr. Couto and I discussed that and he dismissed it, but if they were from different parts of the tumor, then that can sometimes explain a discrepancy. It's scary, really, when you think about it in terms of diagnostic confidence. "

Therefore we are going to pay to have Antech do the complete stain techniques. The plan is this:

If the stains are definitive, then I would go with that. If they are not, then I would have Dr. Goldshmidt review. So keep at Antech for stains, and if they come back inconclusive, I will pull strings at Penn and ask Dr. G and Dr. Durham (who studied with Ted Valli on lymphoma) to review it hopefully for free.

I am not sure now if we are doing Tuesday's chemo (which I had cancelled) or waiting.......

I misunderstood and thought Dr. Couto had done the staining techniques, but there are two that weren't done that are needed. The Antech pathologist told our vet:

She said the CD 79A would tell us definitively if it is B-cell or not and that there is a new Plasma Cell tissue marker for dogs that has recently become available.

fingers, toes, paws, and eyes crossed for a quick answer that it is a benign plasma cell tumour.

No, Antech is not doing the second test for free. I don't know the cost yet but have asked....

Oh my goodness Karen, what a bumpy ride you are on. Sending prayers for Monty, you and your DH. :grouphug

Cosmo (Fuzz Face Cosmos), Holmes (He's a Dream), Boomer (USS Baby Boomer), Ella and missing our angels Clay (Red Clay), Train (Nite Train), Trip (Bock's Teddy Bear),Larry (Bohemian Frigid) and Jimmy (Bohemian Raw)

Riding along with you and thinking about you and Monty.

You know you are always in my thoughts and prayers.

ROBIN ~ Mom to: Beau Think It Aint, Chloe JC Allthewayhome, Teddy ICU Drunk Sailor, Elsie N Fracine , Ollie RG's Travertine, Ponch A's Jupiter~ Yoshi, Zoobie & Belle, the kitties.

Waiting at the bridge Angel Polli Bohemian Ocean , Rocky, Blue,Sasha & Zoobie & Bobbi

Greyhound Angels Adoption (GAA) The Lexus Project

I'm so sorry for this horrible, horrible roller coaster ride you are on. Monty (and you guys!) deserve a break. All fingers and paws will be crossed here, for the happy ending you deserve!

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Crossing everything, praying non-stop, sending an unending stream of positive thoughts.

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead