A Miracle In Philadelphia

Guest greytmonty

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eeek, Karen, I am just seeing updates #95 and today's. Gosh, I so sorry you're having to go through all of this! Thinking good thoughts for you and your boy :hope :hope :hope

Meredith with Heyokha (HUS Me Teddy) and Crow (Mike Milbury). Missing Turbo (Sendahl Boss), Pancho, JoJo, and "Fat Stacks" Juana, the psycho kitty. Canku wakan kin manipi.

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Which chemo is he due to have tomorrow? If it's one or the more 'toxic' ones and/or one that makes him feel yucky, could you put it off 'til you know more of what's going on?

Huge hugs to you!

DD

tomorrow is vincristrine. The onco vet doesn't want him to miss more than one treatment, and since this may take two weeks we might as well stay on track; otherwise he could miss two treatments before we have an answer. I have generic zofran as he got nauseated last time from this one, plus a bit fatigued. The zofran should take care of the nausea, it is what human cancer patients take during chemo.

thanks.

Sending more prayers for sweet Monty. Zofran helps DH with his chemo. :grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest greytmonty
Which chemo is he due to have tomorrow? If it's one or the more 'toxic' ones and/or one that makes him feel yucky, could you put it off 'til you know more of what's going on?

Huge hugs to you!

DD

tomorrow is vincristrine. The onco vet doesn't want him to miss more than one treatment, and since this may take two weeks we might as well stay on track; otherwise he could miss two treatments before we have an answer. I have generic zofran as he got nauseated last time from this one, plus a bit fatigued. The zofran should take care of the nausea, it is what human cancer patients take during chemo.

thanks.

Sending more prayers for sweet Monty. Zofran helps DH with his chemo. :grouphug

Hugs to you and your husband!

What a roller coaster - hope that Monty's chemo goes well tomorrow and does not knock him for too much of a loop. I think you are loopy enough for both of you. ;) Sure hope OSU has answers sooner - and that you can finally know what is really going on. Thinking lots of good and healing thoughts. Hugs and scritches.

:grouphug

Paula & her pups--Paneer (WW Outlook Ladd), Kira & Rhett (the whippets)
Forever in my heart...Tinsel (Born's Bounder - 11/9/90-12/18/01), Piper, Chevy, Keno, Zuma, Little One, Phaelin & Winnie
Greyhound Adoption Center ~ So Cal rep for Whippet Rescue And Placement

For beautiful beaded collars, check out my Facebook page: The Swanky Hound

Karen,

Is it at all possible to have someone other than Antech do the FINAL FINAL FINAL diagnosis? My thought is that they will be looking for any hint of sort-of-kind-of-maybe-looks-like-it-could-be problem cells to back up their initial diagnosis. If they were wrong the first time, they are responsible for everything that Monty (and your family) has been through, and may chose to stand by a less-than-accurate diagnosis rather than accept liability. My fingers are crossed that OSU can handle this for you, or at least send you to a reputable, reliable lab that does not have a vested interest in the results.

HUGS to you. My prayers are with you and Monty.

Guest greytmonty

OSU cannot do it according to my vet, unless monty is a patient there. I worry that the path vet will want to CHA but my regular vet knows her personally and says she is ethical and thorough . If there is any ambiguity my onco vet says she will ask Penn to look at it .

I'm trying to keep up with this but I really don't understand all of it. I don't know how you even keep your head on straight.

The good thing is that Monty is happy and playing. All I can offer is a ton of prayers for you both.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

Guest greytmonty
I'm trying to keep up with this but I really don't understand all of it. I don't know how you even keep your head on straight.

The good thing is that Monty is happy and playing. All I can offer is a ton of prayers for you both.

The bottom line is that there is something about monty's tumour that doesn't fit with a typical cutaneous lymphoma. These are usually T cell and are very aggressive and usually quickly fatal.

The path testing said "lymphoma" but the verbiage that went with it still didn't fit for my onco vet.

She sent for test number two. This was also ambiguous but suggested it wasn't lymphoid.

OSU looked at some stains (not these definitive tests) and said not lymphoma, plasmacytoma, which is usually benign.

Now we get these fancy stains done in the next two weeks which SHOULD tell us what we are dealing with.

I didn't realize diagnosis can be so tricky, but apparently it is an art as well as a science.

The bottom line is that there is something about monty's tumour that doesn't fit with a typical cutaneous lymphoma. These are usually T cell and are very aggressive and usually quickly fatal.

The path testing said "lymphoma" but the verbiage that went with it still didn't fit for my onco vet.

She sent for test number two. This was also ambiguous but suggested it wasn't lymphoid.

OSU looked at some stains (not these definitive tests) and said not lymphoma, plasmacytoma, which is usually benign.

Now we get these fancy stains done in the next two weeks which SHOULD tell us what we are dealing with.

I didn't realize diagnosis can be so tricky, but apparently it is an art as well as a science.

Wayne just had a Plasmacytoma removed. The path report came back from Antech. They said usually benign but to watch him.

Claudia-noo-siggie.jpg

Missing my little Misty who took a huge piece of my heart with her on 5/2/09, and Ekko, on 6/28/12

:candle For the sick, the lost, and the homeless

OSU cannot do it according to my vet, unless monty is a patient there. I worry that the path vet will want to CHA but my regular vet knows her personally and says she is ethical and thorough . If there is any ambiguity my onco vet says she will ask Penn to look at it .

I'm glad that you have the option to use Penn as an outside opinion. Maybe OSU would be interested in taking a look at the slides from a research perspective, since things don't seem to match in the way anyone expects? Remember--it's call clinical practice for a reason--training and talent sometimes need to be paired up with LOTS of experience before someone says, "Oh, this reminds me of a case I had where it turned out to be...." (something really treatable so Karen and Monty can sleep at night).

Guest gr8greys

SO HAPPY to hear this news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And please don't dwell on what he's been through, just be THRILLED that he's okay! And Monty has been a trooper throughout this all and loves you just the same. You did what you thought had to be done - we ALL would've done it.

Irene

Guest gr8greys

I did miss some notes but I'm confused...

If it's not lymphoma then isn't that relatively good news? Could it be worse?

Holding Monty in my prayers.

Can Penn do a dx at the same time in order to compare results with Antech? I would be second guessing EVERYTHING at this point, too. Still sending millions of prayers and positive thoughts and keeping EVERYTHING crossed!

Linda, Mom to Fuzz, Barkley, and the felines Miss Kitty, Simon and Joseph.Waiting at The Bridge: Alex, Josh, Harley, Nikki, Beemer, Anna, Frank, Rachel, my heart & soul, Suze and the best boy ever, Dalton.<p>

:candle ....for all those hounds that are sick, hurt, lost or waiting for their forever homes. SENIORS ROCK :rivethead