A Miracle In Philadelphia

Guest greytmonty

Oy vey, I just cannot believe this. You must just be completely emotionally spent. I am so very very sorry they haven't given you a straight answer. Fingers, toes, legs, arms, ears & eyes crossed that it is all benign.

Sunsands Doodles: Doodles aka Claire, Bella Run Softly: Softy aka Bowie (the Diamond Dog)

Missing my beautiful boy Sunsands Carl 2.25.2003 - 4.1.2014

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy petunias. Sounds like a good plan, tho.

Hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest poopsie1

I'm so sorry to be reading this and hope that it will all be straightened out soon and the final news will be what everyone is hoping for. Continued prayers and white light for you and Monty.

Guest jettcricket

Geez....Karen. I'm so sorry that you, Monty and your family are going thru this. :(

....prayers for a final and accurate diagnosis and treatment plan for your handsome Monty. :hope

oMG....I can't believe it. My heart and prayers are with you all. :grouphug Kiss Monty for us. An Angel is praying also....:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Karen, it sounds like the Antech tests will give you what you need:

"She said the CD 79A would tell us definitively if it is B-cell or not and that there is a new Plasma Cell tissue marker for dogs that has recently become available."

I feel for you, being pished back into uncertainty, especially with a chemo treatment coming up - do you know when the Antech results will be available?

Guest greytmonty

My vet will call Antech Monday to have the slides read after staining. I don't know if it is a same day thing. At this point I am just focusing on how happy and goofy Mr. Monty is.

I'm looping around, reading this sort of forwards and backwards, trying to get the updates! I'm so sorry about all the roller coaster confusion and upset!

:bighug

Chanting!! *Ah, it's nothing, now! It'll all shrink up and go away, just a bad memory, and the money will heal, too! :bighug Ah, it's nothing, now! It'll all shrink up and go away, just a bad memory, and the money will heal, too! :bighug Ah, it's nothing, now! It'll all shrink up and go away, just a bad memory, and the money will heal, too! :bighug *

GT-siggy-spring12.jpg

My Inspirations: Grey Pogo, borzoi Katie, Meep the cat, AND MY BELOVED DH!!!
Missing Rowdy, Coco, Brilly, Happy and Wabi.

Guest greytmonty

Just spoke with Dr. Fuoco. It takes two weeks for the stains to be done on the slides for the FINAL FINAL FINAL (do you hear that prayer?) diagnosis. Antech can do it at our cost. Dr. Fuoco is calling OSU to see how far they got on the stains and to see if they are any days closer than Antech to a dx, and to see if they would be able to do it at no charge. If they are no closer and unable to do it, we will pay to have antech do these stains.

In the meantime Monty has chemo number five tomorrow.

I am pretty calm with a good attitude but I still get upset each time I have to think about his chemo.

This is such a complicated situation. I can only admire and sympathize with what it's doing to you emotionally to stay on top of it while all the veterinary partners confer and collaborate. Hang in there. We're all with you. :bighug

Edited by greyhead
Mary with Jumper Jack (2/17/11) and angels Shane (PA's Busta Rime, 12/10/02 - 10/14/16) and Spencer (Dutch Laser, 11/25/00 - 3/29/13).

Which chemo is he due to have tomorrow? If it's one or the more 'toxic' ones and/or one that makes him feel yucky, could you put it off 'til you know more of what's going on?

Huge hugs to you!

DD

Donna
Molly the Border Collie & Poquita the American-born Podenga

Bridge Babies: Daisy (Positive Delta) 8/7/2000 - 4/6/2115, Agnes--angel Sage's baby (Regall Rosario) 11/12/01 - 12/18/13, Lucky the mix (Found, w 10 puppies 8/96-Bridge 7/28/11, app. age 16) & CoCo (Cosmo Comet) 12/28/89-5/4/04

Guest greytmonty
Which chemo is he due to have tomorrow? If it's one or the more 'toxic' ones and/or one that makes him feel yucky, could you put it off 'til you know more of what's going on?

Huge hugs to you!

DD

tomorrow is vincristrine. The onco vet doesn't want him to miss more than one treatment, and since this may take two weeks we might as well stay on track; otherwise he could miss two treatments before we have an answer. I have generic zofran as he got nauseated last time from this one, plus a bit fatigued. The zofran should take care of the nausea, it is what human cancer patients take during chemo.

thanks.

Keeping Monty in my thoughts - hoping the chemo goes well and the stains indicate a benign tumor. I really feel for you - it's so hard to not have answers. :grouphug

gallery_12662_3351_862.jpg

Jen, CPDT-KA with Zuri, lab in a greyhound suit, Violet, formerly known as Faith, Skye, the permanent puppy, Cisco, resident cat, and my baby girl Neyla, forever in my heart

"The great thing about science is that you're free to disagree with it, but you'll be wrong."

:grouphug

Melanie and Eric with Leminim and Eieio and silly kitty Elsa.
See you again someday, my sweet Payton (Flying Payton May 9, 2000-March 18, 2012)
Missing my sweet JJ, world's sweetest cat (April 1997-November 30, 2015)

Stealing food in heaven, my darling Minnie (2006-April 21, 2016)
Reunited with her favorite person in heaven, my Dad, Satin the skittish kitty (2002-May 7, 2016)